LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! I only go right!

Any other one direction surfers out there? I am decent surfer and can hold my own on anything from 1 ft to 6 ft or so. I like to ride my 6'0 fish most of the time and bust out the funboard when the conditions call for it. There is only one problem...I only can go right. My attempts to go left are just terrible and it usually results in me popping up and riding down the line, no turns, no pumps to gain speed, nothing. Anyone else out there like me? I feel like I need to be able to go left to get to the next level in my surfing but I am curious to see if anyone else has a problem as bad as mine.

I used to have the same problem about five years ago. I switched from my 6'0 fish to a much smaller 5'6 squash tail and im cured. Can rip the fish now that i went back to it

Patience. For the chosen liquidic thunderhump bellows from the depths. As she moonwalks her way to your sandy mound, you will/must juice it proper. Enter the relxation station. Point left and fire. Melt the water. Make it more wetter.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfhammer View Post
    Patience. For the chosen liquidic thunderhump bellows from the depths. As she moonwalks her way to your sandy mound, you will/must juice it proper. Enter the relxation station. Point left and fire. Melt the water. Make it more wetter.
    I have to disagree with this advice: surfing on shrooms is a bad idea.

5. haha for real

Try popping up in reverse...I have a hard time surfing backside too. Maybe start on a longboard to learn?

Then you will achieve this.

Images
    Go left every chance you get... If your like me, you'll pass on a left, if there are rights to be found... But, you have to keep at it and eventually it will start feeling better to go left. Its all muscle memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Go left every chance you get... If your like me, you'll pass on a left, if there are rights to be found... But, you have to keep at it and eventually it will start feeling better to go left. Its all muscle memory.
    Yea, I pass on lots of lefts and then end up kicking myself as I see them roll by. It is just so hard to motivate myself to go left when I could just as easily go right. I think I should find a spot that only breaks left, problem solved.

Images
    As I was learning to surf I found myself only going left (goofy). I knew if I wanted to surf a lot more waves (especially in NJ) I would have to learn to go backside. I took a whole tropical season and only went right. Now I KILL rights for fun.