LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next good day

wingzero1285 Guest
    will this friday be rideable or end up like last thursday and be too messy until the clean up later at nite?
    Last edited by wingzero1285; Oct 16, 2007 at 06:38 AM.

Images
    i'm thinking weak wind chop for friday... lets hope a little more beef appears for saturday.

looks like a bit of ESE ground swell could help things along as well on Saturday.

And now the forcast is reduced to knee to waist... good thing I'm a pessimist. Can I go back two weekends please??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    Looks like the offshores will be howling. Let hope the switch happens after dawn and not overnight or we may not be left with much. Trying to stay optimistic, but I'm doubtful. We get burnt by an early wind switch all too often this time of year and it's only a chest high swell at best. Not nearly enough juice to hold through 20kt offshores. Common, how many of you have been there in the fall. It's raining and winds are howling from the south all day. That night you're drinking with your friends. You keep walking outside to make sure the wind hasn't turned west yet. Then around 1 am when you're good and buzzed you go outside to find the wind switched and it's ripping from the west and just know that there will be nothing left the next morning so you go inside and throwback a few more to ease the pain. Next morning you walk up to the beach and find clean knee high waves being held up by 15 kt offshores... If this swell does pan out I will make a sacrifice to the surf gods to show my appreciation. PFS
    Good idea, and the penultimate sacrifice would be to burn your board, asap.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Good idea, and the penultimate sacrifice would be to burn your board, asap.
    I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, the surf gods are only appeased by taking the life of a Maryland kook on the altar of Hank Williams Jr, while watching NASCAR and drinking Budweiser. Any volunteers?

Right now it's looking as if sat. will be a good day to pull a DP. But it's still a little far off to tell.

We've gotta get some consistancy sometime, it is fall afterall.