LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For those of you on hourly wages (myself). Pick up as many days as possible work a **** ton. By the time the swells arrive you'll have a fat stack of cash, waves, and a reason to call out when its firing because you have been picking up so many shifts. All I know the day we finally have a good swell, all my obligations will go right out the window!!!

I told my boss at the beginning of the summer i will do as much as possible and work whenever im needed on one condition: when we finally get swell he's covering everything

Dont worry guaranteed swell is coming...... I was just informed a few days ago I have to leave to go to Washington state for two weeks for work August 15th trhu September 1. What does that have to do with the surf you say, well it never fails whenever i have to leave in tropical season for work the mid atlantic scores tropical swell, so enjoy guys

meanwhile, at the #98 best surf spot on the planet....
    7-26 RODANTHE.JPG

no kidding,my friend in Hatteras said they've had waves at least 3 days a week all for the past month

Quote Originally Posted by kooklykook View Post
    yeah i was gonna say, didn't bret just pass us? wasnt nothin to produce surf really, but it's a sign that the super fun swell stoke factory is getting to work down there. grab yer skateboard go find hills. or take up chronic masturbation.
    it doesnt work,but skateboarding might

Quote Originally Posted by Surferdann View Post
    Swim and body surf my friend...it quenches the soul.

This is what keeps me going during the flat spells. I have to get a daily swim in and end up attempting to body surf whatever is there. 1) It keeps my body (arms) in shape for whenever there is swell 2) like you said, it's a soul quencher and 3) It gives me a reason on any given day to go out to the beach and see if the Hot Girl Factory is in production.

^^Speaking of swimming to quench the soul; I'm on a little family vacay to the Northeast and after a 13+ hr drive we made it to Cape Cod, I made them pull the car over at Nauset Beach and I got out and went swimming. Body surfed a few waves then came back to the car feeling refreshed. Same thing happened to me earlier today, we were driving around seeing some sights and made our way to Maine. I finally got fed up with the bickering that was taking place in the car and GPS'ed a beach. No waves but d*** did that swim at York Beach make my day. We can't always have swell but there is still fun to be had in the ocean w/o waves!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    meanwhile, at the #98 best surf spot on the planet....
    7-26 RODANTHE.JPG
    Wasn't #99 Pavones in that article?

I wonder which group of geniuses Surfer Mag was able to assemble who collectively agreed that S-turns is just a little bit better of a wave than Pavones?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Wasn't #99 Pavones in that article?

I wonder which group of geniuses Surfer Mag was able to assemble who collectively agreed that S-turns is just a little bit better of a wave than Pavones?
    YES, being that the only 2 waves that I have ridden in that write up were sturns and Pavones, I nearly sh*t a brick to see them side by side. I guess long perfect point break < Occasional overhead churning beach break barrels. My opinion, Costa is just on another level, period. They probably just gave us (east coast) some love to sell a few more mag's