LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I've grown somewhat fond of this place. It can get fun surf every now and then, and every two weeks there would be something ridable. I was miserable here this past winter, my first one here, but based on what ya'll said this was a bad one in terms of swell.

I just wish the damn home prices in VB werent so jackked up, I'm sick of living in an apt and I would like to purchase a decent home in a location where I dont hav to go through a damn tunnel to go to the beach
    Shoot, this winter wasn't good every day by any means, but I got so many days of chocolate barrels to myself at some the (usually) most crowded and coveted spots at the beach. Ever surfed decent first street or the pier alone? I have, dawn patrols in march. From aug-may I usually surf at least once a week, usually back to back sessions when swells are around. I dont surf unless it's "worth it" because I am a short boarder.

Housing- I hear ya brother, check eastern Chesapeake out. Housing is way more reasonable. Ches schools are some of the best around and it's less than a half hour to sandbridge, like 15-20 from VB, no tunnels or bridges involved, AND it's right at the 168 bypass to get to obx. I made that move when I got a job in ches and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    ahh i do actually love 63rd at sunrise. Does anyone know what the hell they are building right there? There doing some heavy duty stuff and really couldnt find any info on it
    They are putting in a storm water pipe to collect rainwater from that area and pump it offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    Will not go here unless to either shop at JBS or WRV, or surf from the hours 0f 6am-10am. The place is really going to the ****ter
    I still haven't been in JBS, how is that place? Fairly new, right? Do they have a good selection of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    I still haven't been in JBS, how is that place? Fairly new, right? Do they have a good selection of stuff?
    YEah what kind of boards do they carry? Juice Box Surf as a name never really inspired me to stop in for my hardgoods ya know.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Shoot, this winter wasn't good every day by any means, but I got so many days of chocolate barrels to myself at some the (usually) most crowded and coveted spots at the beach. Ever surfed decent first street or the pier alone? I have, dawn patrols in march. From aug-may I usually surf at least once a week, usually back to back sessions when swells are around. I dont surf unless it's "worth it" because I am a short boarder.

Housing- I hear ya brother, check eastern Chesapeake out. Housing is way more reasonable. Ches schools are some of the best around and it's less than a half hour to sandbridge, like 15-20 from VB, no tunnels or bridges involved, AND it's right at the 168 bypass to get to obx. I made that move when I got a job in ches and never looked back.
    ditto on that..Hickory schools and great location w/the back roads to the beaches. When I worked in VAB last fall / spring I could do dawn patrol and drive 10 min to work from 5th St. , no crowds. Work in Ches now so that would be hard to do but we'll see. One day I'll graduate to the line ups on 1st (when they exist) for now long board in knee high surf until a swell moves in than I'll still long board.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    yeah theyve got a surprising amount of stuff and the owners are really cool people. definitely worth a check

Quote Originally Posted by bushwood View Post
    YEah what kind of boards do they carry? Juice Box Surf as a name never really inspired me to stop in for my hardgoods ya know.
    yeah I figured they probably had the same wetsuits/boards as everybody else. Hopefully its not just another cookiecutter shop. Good to know though bobbyg, I'll stop by and check them out.