LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where's the Tropicals?

This is a strange summer! There should have been one or two meaningful tropical storms by now!

We're currently ahead of last year, just haven't had anything off of Africa yet. Mid-late August it'll hopefully ramp up.

So much for Don.......unless you're headin' for Texas......on deck is Emily.

thread #300 w/ the same basic topic.

it's july. the atlantic cyclone season doesn't really get rockin' until mid-august. so far there have been 4 named storms, 2 of which have been in the central atlantic basin. that's pretty ****in' awesome if you ask me! no, we didn't get much (anything) in the way of swell, but so what? it's a good promise of things to come. relax a bit, go for a swim to keep your paddling muscles in shape, & have a beer. it'll come. patience.

swell will be here weekend of Aug 12, since I will be out of town during that time. That form of surf forcasting has
    a good track record

The Wave Machine is broken, the new part needed to fix it is on back-order. Could take a couple of weeks....Go fish...

the ocean has stopped moving here

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    the ocean has stopped moving here
    same here...just got back from a quick dip to rinse the sweat off after doing some work on the house & it was full-on lake atlantic; kinda shocking since there was a little micro-bump this morning while i was working out. thought about taking my log out, but figured i'd wait until the tide swung around & started pushing again. dumb.

They're in the tropics.

It is still July, the most boring month of the year if you surf on the East Coast.