LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Where's the Tropicals?

This is a strange summer! There should have been one or two meaningful tropical storms by now!

We're currently ahead of last year, just haven't had anything off of Africa yet. Mid-late August it'll hopefully ramp up.

So much for Don.......unless you're headin' for Texas......on deck is Emily.

thread #300 w/ the same basic topic.

it's july. the atlantic cyclone season doesn't really get rockin' until mid-august. so far there have been 4 named storms, 2 of which have been in the central atlantic basin. that's pretty ****in' awesome if you ask me! no, we didn't get much (anything) in the way of swell, but so what? it's a good promise of things to come. relax a bit, go for a swim to keep your paddling muscles in shape, & have a beer. it'll come. patience.

swell will be here weekend of Aug 12, since I will be out of town during that time. That form of surf forcasting has
    a good track record

The Wave Machine is broken, the new part needed to fix it is on back-order. Could take a couple of weeks....Go fish...

It is still July, the most boring month of the year if you surf on the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    swell will be here weekend of Aug 12, since I will be out of town during that time. That form of surf forcasting has
    a good track record
    WEll McLovin then its defintitly going to be firing because i leave for Washington state the 13th, so if both of us are headed out of town then the waves will be here in two weeks guranteed I stated this before whenver i have to leave for work during hurricane season we always have tropical swell while Im gone, always