LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RID View Post
    I cant stand surf videos that show guys on short boards making hard cutbacks and spraying off the top of a wave. I enjoy a video that conveys the serenity of the ocean and the smooth ride. Showing someone do an areal is boring seeing someone carve smooth turns through a wave is great. That being said I ride a long board and therefore would rather watch longboard surfing then shortboard. Also forget aggressive hardcore music. Watch 100m surf videos and then do the exact opposite of all them, you will have something original and unique.
    The exact opposite of this^^

IMO a good video should include everything from shacks, cutbacks, reverts, airs, to throwing massive buckets. As well as smooth turning and good form with nature shots. Get some water shots too...duck dives, sealife..ect. Shortboards & Longboards...mix it up. This way you will have something to entertain all types of surfers. As far as music goes mix that up as well....mellow shyt as well as hardcore shyt. There isn't too much you can do that hasn't been done already. So, your originality will be tough.

Good luck

Images
    anything with tom curren...

seriously though it seems like every video i watch starts the same: the preparation, the drive listening to reports, surfers goofing off thinking they are hot sh!t, blah blah blah...same scene every opening. I can't stand it. All i want to see is the surfers riding waves. I fast forward those scenes now.

Cold water. Indo is too perfect. I'd rather see guys exploring for unknown waves in Canada, Norway, Iceland, UK, Alaska etc. A little love for the east coast doesn't hurt either.

Also like to see people get more creative with the camera, stories, and music. That Nathan Oldfield stuff looks pretty nice.

All that being said, Dark Fall is probably one of my favorites.

Props to outner for resurrecting some old threads, but I'm not convinced he/she is a real person.

Here's a new short from Aussie Nathan Oldfield for the Critical Slide Society/Thomas Surfboards. He's really stepping it up a notch with his edits these days!

http://vimeo.com/37785513

5. no go pro footage .. that stuff gets very lame very quick

..Shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    anything with tom curren...

seriously though it seems like every video i watch starts the same: the preparation, the drive listening to reports, surfers goofing off thinking they are hot sh!t, blah blah blah...same scene every opening. I can't stand it. All i want to see is the surfers riding waves. I fast forward those scenes now.
    This^^

Agree...If first third is guys sitting watching red blobs on computers, gassing up trucks/skis in the dark, talking about conditions, driving down deserted streets, then they're making a video about themselves, not so much surfing for surfing's sake. Wrong perspective IMO.

I am surprised no one said this yet, or maybe im the only one who F*CKING HATES SLOW MOTION. It takes away from the ride, rider and wave. PUNK ROCK SOUNDTRACKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    The exact opposite of this^^

IMO a good video should include everything from shacks, cutbacks, reverts, airs, to throwing massive buckets. As well as smooth turning and good form with nature shots. Get some water shots too...duck dives, sealife..ect. Shortboards & Longboards...mix it up. This way you will have something to entertain all types of surfers. As far as music goes mix that up as well....mellow shyt as well as hardcore shyt. There isn't too much you can do that hasn't been done already. So, your originality will be tough.

Good luck
    I'm with DaMook..... Mix it up and find the balance. One thing is for sure though, if anyone in the movie gives a wave the finger, edit it. That shyte has gotta go.

10. Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    I am surprised no one said this yet, or maybe im the only one who F*CKING HATES SLOW MOTION. It takes away from the ride, rider and wave. PUNK ROCK SOUNDTRACKS!!!
    Slow mo is ok if its one in a while ... punk rock soundtracks are ok if you are still in high school ...