LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    wait you're 2 hours from the beach or 1 hour and 15?
    sounds like he's 2hrs from his job & 75min. from the beach...(sarcastic comment about reading comprehension here).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    sounds like he's 2hrs from his job & 75min. from the beach...(sarcastic comment about reading comprehension here).
    thats what i thought but figured 2 hours was a pretty long commute

Sorry for the confusion, it wasn't worded in the best manner. Chalk that up to multi-tasking, heh.

I have a 2-hour commute to work, one way. Yes, in a year that equals a solid month in a car:

4 hours a day X 4 days a week X 49 weeks = 784 hours / 24 = 32.6

And yeah, only 75 minutes from the ocean, 60 if I want to settle for Fenwick.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    8 years?!? i tried living inland for 1 before i lost my ****!!
    Well, I made it too the beaches a couple times a year. Enough to keep me sane I guess.
    I was near some nice lakes, shouldv'e bought a SUP !

Images
    i work in the IT dept at a large healthcare company doing project management type stuff...have enough vacation days that i can hit most of the good swells but i work too far from the beach to do many after/before work sessions late fall through early spring...fortunately my mgr is ok with me shifting my hours around when good swells come in as long as i get my work done

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ziptiespec View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, it wasn't worded in the best manner. Chalk that up to multi-tasking, heh.

I have a 2-hour commute to work, one way. Yes, in a year that equals a solid month in a car:

you wouldn't happen to work for DAU do you? Yes, my commute is ROUGH. I can make it in 2 hours which is better than 2.5 but in this economy it beats unemployment! Can't complain to have a job these days that I like, it's secure and pays pretty well! I actually stay down in MD two to three nights per week to help control costs of commuting and wear and tear on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ziptiespec View Post

I ride my beach cruiser to work on nice days. ~4 miles each way

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Taco View Post
    I tend bar in Oc Md from May til Nov. Then tend bar in Pr from Dec-May
    Is your name Mark or Jay perhaps? I know a couple guys that do this. As for me, it's all about Real Estate..... residential & commercial, sales & investments too. I just schedule appointments around waves and work on nights and/or weekends to take off during the day or during the week.

I'm a biologist and work as a Riverkeeper for a small non-profit. A Riverkeeper is a voice for a given waterbody, part scientist, part investigator, full-time advocate for clean water. At least one day a week I work on a boat conducting water quality monitoring. I enjoy having a job with the sole focus "to leave the campsite cleaner than we found it." It's about 1.5 hours to Assateague, which is where I ride 90% of the time. Close enough that I can motivate for dawn patrol and get in to work by 11.

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    you wouldn't happen to work for DAU do you? Yes, my commute is ROUGH. I can make it in 2 hours which is better than 2.5 but in this economy it beats unemployment! Can't complain to have a job these days that I like, it's secure and pays pretty well! I actually stay down in MD two to three nights per week to help control costs of commuting and wear and tear on the car.
    No I don't work for DAU, not even sure what that is. You're right, almost any job is better than no job. I just hate my work/life balance right now. I've thought about staying closer to work during the week but it only solves part of the problem. I'd still be away from my house and all the things that need my time there.