LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    is laird hamilton athletic?

Images
    Laird hamilton is god of the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    Word. Shawn Briley is an amazing surfer...I would seriously doubt his ability to do much else aside from a no-holds barred street fight.
    and if youre in ****ty shape you get your ass whupped

Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    and if youre in ****ty shape you get your ass whupped

he strikes me as kind of a "one punch and done" kind of guy, which certainly doesn't make an "athlete" per se...though I would never hold an interest in sparring with Butter Bean. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrf93aLQXBE

This guy...I dunno, he's very large and stylish on the waves. Pretty amazing actually.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrf93aLQXBE

This guy...I dunno, he's very large and stylish on the waves. Pretty amazing actually.

Wow. Well said, Senor Aloha. Well, there you go, fellas....that big ol' fellaman can surf, there's no doubt at all. Looks like he stunned the lineup, as well.

However.

Running a half mile? Playing tennis beyond 3 points? Running out a triple, assuming he could even hit a pitched baseball ? Boxing beyond 90 seconds in the ring ? Cycling 20 miles at a pace above a 10 mph crawl? Running up & back 3x the length of a lacrosse field & shooting on goal?

Uh..... highly, highly unlikely.

Which, I gotta say, supports my case in re: "in shape surfers' as stated earlier.

Just one man's 2 cents, duuuuudes.
    Last edited by yankee; Aug 2, 2011 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I think I would rather watch Obama give our money to his wall street ahole friends than watch football. I never understood a game of inches with guys who can't add to 10.
    "Garcon ! Garcon! Bitter party of one, please !"

Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    doubt the high school qb did either. are you as d i c k ish in real life as you are here? probably so , huh? yankees suck.
    Maybe I am. What of it. Do you think I care about your negative man-hating female opinions, Elmer Fudd ? What are you, brain-damaged from the fumes in the kitchen at Popeyes?

In basic response to your feeble online bleatings, it must be said that you're the type of online negative shadow stalker where, in person, the only thing needed for a quick extinguishment is bare hands, which may come as a complete shock to any little feeb in this sad era of mouthy twits turning & running for mama or for a weapons stash.

Understand that it's just opinions on this board. So get off my arse. Of course, if you have a problem with me, then put up or STFU sporty.
    Last edited by yankee; Aug 2, 2011 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I think I would rather watch Obama give our money to his wall street ahole friends than watch football. I never understood a game of inches with guys who can't add to 10.
    Point taken.

I'm kind of surprised of the responses on this thread. First off, i love sports. I watch every eagles game and as many phillies and flyers games as i am able. I played 2 sports in high school. I love being competitive and feeling a will to bet an opponent. What draws me to surfing (overly drawing) is that I'm competitive with myself and it's a humbling experience being in the ocean. Surfing is what ruined my future for my other athletic aspirations such as playing soccer in college, because I couldn't bare play the damn sport during hurricane season. It made me quit all the sports I played when i was younger, so many of my peers thought i wasn't as athletic or as good as them at that particular sport, and most thought surfing is all about balance and not a whole lot about athleticism. Surfing is a mind game, like golf, except in golf the variables are as severe (flatness, cold, type of waves, kooks, ect). We are athletes, just a different breed; a weird breed i might add, but i like that.