LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

the on-going argument

I was in an argument today about which cars are better, Japanese or American?!?! The argument went on an on and on with pros and cons from either side. My opinion was Japanese because thats what I drive right now and have a great car. Ultimately it came down to what the individual driver had the most experience with... So I ask this, long board or short board? Total opinion on experience or is there an answer?!?!?!?!?!? You tell me.

stupid thread. a truly experienced surfer, whatever their preferences, knows to ride whatever tool is required to have the most fun in the given conditions. i prefer shortboarding, but w/ over 20 years of surfing experience, i know that to live & surf in nj (& on the east coast, for that matter) a longboard is required. part of me even enjoys longboarding more than shortboarding. it depends on my mood, but it's nice to slow down sometimes.

btw, american cars FTW! i've owned 4 american-made cars & 1 foreign car brand, a nissan altima, & it was only "ok". the american made cars were well-made, nearly indestructable, & insanely reliable. my nissan was in & out of the shop almost constantly. my '92 explorer was a tank...at 186k, i hit a deer w/ it. it ran for 2 more weeks before dying. my '00 pontiac saved my life in a wreck during a snow storm. i ran the subsequent saturn to over 200k before the electrical systems crapped out...only issue this had was the head gasket shrunk & dry-rotted, so it needed oil every so often. i just kept a case in the trunk. i currently drive an '08 grand cherokee & the thing is a beast. the only issues i've had w/ it were the ones i created by being a dumbass off-road or in the snow.

Ford pickup made in Mexico, Honda Accord made in US (Alabama). Once supports US Profits, the other supports US workers. You tell me, which one is more American??

I say ride whatever you want, it's all fun. But if you're going to ride a longboard, learn to do it with some style. So many guys riding longboards these days with zero style. Nearly 10 feet of board and guys look like they are stapled to the board....I say, learn how to walk it.

Deutschland!

Ive always driven a ford. They are tough trucks, easy to fix, parts are easy to find and never an issue. There are made simply as opposed to more complex foreign cars. I dont need a lot of gidgets and gazmos in my automobile. Unfortunately Ford is now owned by Obama but what are you gonna do....Chris Christie for Prez.

Short Boards are usually more fun for me...I like speed

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Deutschland!
    Hell yeah!!!

Images
    Different boards for different conditions

Far as cars I am partial to Euro's , Landrovers, VW's / Audi. I have put more miles on a Euro car than I did any other domestic or Japanese car I have ever owned. I dont beat on my car either unless thats what there made for . I do 95% of all the maintience on all my vehicals so I know it done right

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post

Far as cars I am partial to Euro's , Landrovers, VW's / Audi. I have put more miles on a Euro car than I did any other domestic or Japanese car I have ever owned. I dont beat on my car either unless thats what there made for . I do 95% of all the maintience on all my vehicals so I know it done right
    Thats impressive. I could have used your skills when my wife owned a VW (100K miles). We were spending at least $600 a month in repairs before we unloaded the pig.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post

I have gotten a few tows in my day. Every time I always ask the driver the same question. What is the car you pick up the most on the road... "Audi" every time!

i just bought a new Mitsubishi lancer sport back - so I hope the japs make a nice car..

Images
    Every time I buy a Asian made car it has let me down , Honda it blew a transmission and a axle shaft went bad, Hyundai that my wife has throws a Crank sensor code once every 3 months , I have a nissan altima and it was just a poorly designed car imo.

Most people buy euro cars but after they find out how much it cost to do the up keep they get cheap. For instance, if it take my VW MK5 rabbit to the dealer it cost about 80 dollars to get a oil change. It takes moblie 1 oil and it has a cartridge oil filter. If I do it my self it cost about 50 dollars. Most people say thats crazy but what the dont understand is I change my oil ever 12,000 mile cause thats what VW recomends aswell as Mobile 1. So u spend 90 dollars in 3 oil changes but I spend that in one if I take it to the dealer which I do cause I am at the point now where I dont wrench on my own stuff anymore cause I do it all day at work and thats the last thing I wanna do on my day off.

my first VW a 94 golf had almost 430k on the clock after I got rid of it and still ran perfect . If you take care of it it in theroy it should last forever