LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    I say ride whatever you want, it's all fun. But if you're going to ride a longboard, learn to do it with some style. So many guys riding longboards these days with zero style. Nearly 10 feet of board and guys look like they are stapled to the board....I say, learn how to walk it.
    Shah mon. There's nothing more pathetic that some guy leaning forward from the back of his longboard, entire body frozen solid...how bouts' ya cross step and ride the nose? It surprises me how few people can do it. I've never even owned a longboard and can do it. People seem to think it's some "out of my league" crazy technique...anyway, totally unrelated I know. I agree that the board type is almost entirely dependent on the wave you encounter. To stick exclusively with one or the other is to deny yourself a lot of fun. What's the point of that?

As for cars...forget that, bicycle all the way! When I have to drive, I have a Honda Fit simply because it gets insane gas mileage and is designed simply enough that even I can understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    my first VW a 94 golf had almost 430k on the clock after I got rid of it and still ran perfect . If you take care of it it in theroy it should last forever
    That's amazing man. In college I had an '86 Volvo pushing 300k, though I purchased it used with alreadly 270k. The previous owner gave me a beer and walked me through his garage when I showed up...looked like a professional shop, best $1600 I ever spent.

right now i like neither longboard nor shortboard.twin fish,mid-length single

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    right now i like neither longboard nor shortboard.twin fish,mid-length single
    Last post sorry haha. I just wanted to say don't forget about the "no board" option as well. If it's head high and closing out, body surfing is about the most fun you can imagine. I'd really recommend finding some fins and giving it a shot sometime if you haven't. Almost every year (in MD, at least) the sand isn't quite right during the first big 'Cane swell. You can sit out there and get frustrated, or you can go get whomped for a few hours and have a blast.

Longboard when its waist or less, Shortboard when it's chest or bigger.

As for trucks/cars. I usually prefer Toyotas. I had a Tacoma that I loved but had to get rid of because a baby seat wouldn't fit in the extended cab. I'm sorta looking at ford F150s now but they are super expensive. Much more so than a Tundra even...
    Last edited by StuckinVA; Aug 2, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Chris Christie for Prez.
    if chris christie is elected president, i will be immediately emigrating to a country that actually gives a **** about providing a quality public education. the only good thing that man has done for the state is the measures passed to protect barnegat bay, & they didn't go far enough. he is a cretin, a liar, a thug, & a traitor. i sincerely believe he was elected b/c the majority of the people in nj didn't want another go-around w/ corzine & there was no viable 3rd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Ive always driven a ford. They are tough trucks, easy to fix, parts are easy to find and never an issue. There are made simply as opposed to more complex foreign cars. I dont need a lot of gidgets and gazmos in my automobile. Unfortunately Ford is now owned by Obama but what are you gonna do
    Obama nor the tax payers own Ford, the Ford Family is still the majority Stock Holders ............

I started out with 1971 (stage 1) Bronco with 302, it would fly but 2 thirsty for the 15 gallon gas tank. Since then owned 12-15 Ford SUV's as everyone good enough to buy another and another ...............

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    my '92 explorer was a tank...at 186k, i hit a deer w/ it. it ran for 2 more weeks before dying.
    The car, or the deer?

I've had 4 Honda accords in a row. Run them up to 190k miles and trade in for the next one. They are unremarkable cars, but amazingly reliable and never give me
    Problems. I consistently get 30mpg normal driving and around 35 on road trips. Do all maintenance myself and second the vote for mobil 1 synthetic...but I change it out a little sooner than matt. They never break, I just do routine maintenance and that's it. For basic transportation their awesome, but a bit boring. You can get solid deals on them too, especially if you buy one with the increasingly unpopular manual transmission.

Had a few VWs. More fun to drive definitely, but lots of nagging maintenance issues. They are built like tanks though, almost over engineered it seems. If you can deal with the small issues and fix yourself, they'll seemingly run forever. My father in law has over 200 on his jetta TDI and had close to 300 on his prior VW, but he's a retired jet mechanic so wrenching is no prob.

Fuel for the Fire

So here's another question,(If) you drive a car thats made in another country,Is there any difference between buying a board thats made overseas compared to buying a board made in this country?Just wanted to throw that out there.