LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Long Range Forecast

the long range forecasts on this site are constantly wrong or not even close. how come LOLA has it figured out when you dudes are absolutely clueless? i'm going back to surfline.

i know why you guys do it. you clearly get increased page views when the long range forecast looks good or the hurricane light is blinking but instead of looking for cheap page hits to boost your ad sales how bout you just cut the crap and give it to us straight. ya dig?

Images
    I love when the reports are wrong.

you guys need to back the F**k off of swellinfo's nuts. You think you can do a better job?

Images
    lol....subscribed

Images
    Swellinfo forecasts are based off model guidance, like all long range weather or surf forecasts are. You throw a tropical system in the mix, and ya, there are going to be some discrepancies between forecast/model updates. The track and development of Emily will highly influence any long range forecasts. People tend to forget how unreliable tropical system forecasts are.

Thats amazing to me
    free, very well run website and ur *****in about it
    go back to surfline

i understand the "uncertainty" of tropical systems but shouldn't you temper your forecast to reflect that rather than take the best possible outcome?

for instance yesterday for a while the long range for monmouth county put the weekend at chest to head high over two days now it's in the waist range.

i'm just saying instead of fudging the forecast to look the most favorable wait until you have a better idea of the system or fetch so you're not blowing smoke up my rear. more favorable forecasts boost your page views which in turn helps boost ad sales/revenue. instead of trying to make a buck, be honest. that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    you guys need to back the F**k off of swellinfo's nuts. You think you can do a better job?
    yer dern tootn, lee.that tool should go back to surfline and leave the negative stalking to me......yankees suck
    Last edited by ripturbo; Aug 2, 2011 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    yer dern tootn, lee.that tool should go back to surfline and leave the negative stalking to me......yankees suck
    Awww..did ripturbo not get hugged enough growing up...