There is a fake Johnny Utah on here! I am the real F. B. I. AGENT
    Im pretty sure Ive already challenged you to the death,

there can only be one

Quote Originally Posted by xJohnnyUtahx View Post
    Im pretty sure Ive already challenged you to the death,

there can only be one
    pistols at dawn on the beach!

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    the point, which all of you missed, is that when a favorable long range forecast is posted, site traffic increases which in turn leads to better ad rates due to the increase page views.
    Why did you name the thread "Long Range Forecast" then?

You tried to act like you knew what you were talking about with your "bathymetric anomalies" comment, but it just made you look like more of an idiot.

As always, thanks for the info Micah.

Images
    if you want to blame a site for false forecasting go to magic seaweed. their long range forecast is always at least double the actual swell height. i remember last year they were calling earl 15 feet at one point

and by the way i often find surfline's forecast to be extremely vague for most new jersey spots, most of which don't even have a forecast. swellinfo provides a detailed, comprehensive forecast that in my opinion, is always just as accurate if not more than surfline's
    Last edited by ND081; Aug 3, 2011 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Awww..did ripturbo not get hugged enough growing up...
    yeah but my uncles were weird
    Last edited by ripturbo; Aug 3, 2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: spelling error that made it weirder

Images
    All emilys models show that it will turn away from the coast, does this mean it almost defintely 99% chance will?

Hey cant beat free and so what if they are off sometimes... They save me lots off gas money!!!!! plus there are cams every where you can check at day break. If you know how to search and find them... Also try using three or four surf forcasting pages that are free.. There are plenty of them and if you cant figure out between them which days to head to the beach shame on you and better for me less crowds in the water!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    @ matt

long range forecast have nothing to do with bathymetric anomalies, these are forecast based on fetch patterns and weather system movement.

@swellinfo (i think it's micah) if you're using GFS or the GFDL why don't you try switching it up. try LOLA or NOAA and see if that makes any difference.

Just admit that positive long range forecasts and "favorable" hurricane models help boost your page views.
    Pffffttttt!!!!