LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    Just wait until SUP'ers takeover the Indian River Inlet Northside Longboard coral picking off all the outside waves en mass.
    SUP's don't even want Northside, not worth the walk from the parking lot thru the cage under the Bridge down the hill to the ripple of a beach break since last October after the sand was pumped. You might find 2 SUP's @ Tower RD, just say'n ...............

Images
    Leethestud must have been at the same spot as me monday

Images
    Oh and on the sup thing.
    I think everyone should stop whining about it.
    It is what it is.

Images
    a SUP is a surfboard and can be surfed in any condition. So what if you paddle in standing up. As long s you are considerate of others and share the waves is all that counts.
    i submit that the surfers on too small of a board who are not skilled enough to catch waves with it just get in the way as they sit inside and shoulder hop.

It was easier being a surfer 20 years ago. Having to deal with the delimma of how to catch waves in overpopulated, kook filled, SUP having waters. It's called life. Get over it and find a way to adapt. Most of you including myself for now surf EC beach break. Even though I may surf better than most (not all) of the crowd at the break I've surfed for 7 years I'll find myself walking down the beach when it gets kooky or guys think they are starring in a remake of 'Point Break'. Paddle out to another peak, catch almost as many waves, and de-stress yourself if possible. Enjoy surfing by yourself. Thats my MO this summer until the water gets cold and things return to some state of normalcy.

Images
    Just as I said, you need to know your manners. If you are on a board on which you cannot catch the outside wave then you cannot expect someone to just watch it break and then let someone on the inside ride the leftovers.
    I have surfed for 43 years and always have ridden from the outside peak on anything from a 5'7" to a 9'6".
    The East Coast with its mainly sand bottom makes for no consequence for those who sit inside and get cleaned up by the sets. Go to Hawaii or any other rock or coral break and find out what happens when you sit inside.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i love the guys name who started this thread. "i hate sups" and he only has 2 posts, probably concerning this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    It was easier being a surfer 20 years ago. Having to deal with the delimma of how to catch waves in overpopulated, kook filled, SUP having waters. It's called life. Get over it and find a way to adapt. Most of you including myself for now surf EC beach break. Even though I may surf better than most (not all) of the crowd at the break I've surfed for 7 years I'll find myself walking down the beach when it gets kooky or guys think they are starring in a remake of 'Point Break'. Paddle out to another peak, catch almost as many waves, and de-stress yourself if possible. Enjoy surfing by yourself. Thats my MO this summer until the water gets cold and things return to some state of normalcy.
    One of the major gripes about the SUP'er community is despite doing exactly what you mentioned, walking way down to another peak far from the crowds, they show up and want to ride the peak that you and a few others are on. Honestly, that usually doesn't last very long... before they figure it is time to move on to their own peak, but it certainly creates a bad wave in the stoke. And then there are the safety issues...

Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawksurf View Post
    Just as I said, you need to know your manners. If you are on a board on which you cannot catch the outside wave then you cannot expect someone to just watch it break and then let someone on the inside ride the leftovers.
    I have surfed for 43 years and always have ridden from the outside peak on anything from a 5'7" to a 9'6".
    The East Coast with its mainly sand bottom makes for no consequence for those who sit inside and get cleaned up by the sets. Go to Hawaii or any other rock or coral break and find out what happens when you sit inside.
    This comment is a lot of smoke for your desire to catch all the outside waves before they are breaking. I have plenty of experience in riding the tropical reefs and fully know the consequences. Everyone also knows that huge boards can catch waves that are not ready to break at many, many places.

I'd rather drop in under the lip and air drop into a gnarly barrel section than burn the whole wave before it ever gets steep but I guess to each their own.

Just have some courtesy would you? Dropping in on the outside and riding a gentle sloping roller doesn't make you more skilled. I'd argue the opposite even.
    Last edited by glassjaw; Aug 13, 2011 at 03:55 PM.