LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "WORKday" Surf

scored some decent waves today after work at around 6:30 in monmouth county, some nice size (waist and dare i say even a belly high set!) did anyone else get on it after work?

Images
    Im in the same exact situation I just recently got a job out of college in New york city and cant take time off during the week right now. its the worst seeing the surf forecast have nothing friday-sunday and then waves come on monday. its like someone kicking you in the balls

Its all about the bennies baby... i got paid to surf all day today and didn't even have to use a vacation or sick day. Surfed one of many empty sick beach barrel set-ups between rodanthe and the lighthouse. Waist to chest, plus sets, super duper hollow and not another surfer in sight. Just me and the flies...

it doesn't matter what you do, ultimately, the key is to always have goals and objectives. Immediate, short- and long-term. I sat in a cubicle for years, missing every swell, and it didn't really bother me. I knew I needed to attain certain skill levels and industry knowledge to get to where I am now, which is business owner (i.e. boss, i.e. I decide when I want to work and when I want to surf, like this morning when I decided to surf from 8 am- 12 noon, it was fun--warm sun, clean thigh-waist occ chest) I live and work in the same town - zero commute - and the beach is not more than a quarter mile from either my home or my office. Set realistic goals and objectives and don't make rash decisions based only on your immediate desires, and you'll probably have a decent set up before too long. Pop culture glorifies and romanticizes the immature, self-centered fool who lives only for the moment, but do yourselves a favor and don't buy into that bull****.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Then guy #1 meets a nice girl and has to explain to her that the reason he still lives in his parents basement is because he can't afford a house. He takes off too much and never advanced in his career but his wrap around cutback is pretty sick. Guy #2's wrap around is just alright but he goes to Hawaii, nica and costa once each year.

My crystal ball says guy #2 gets the hottie.

Images
    I had to work a split shift today from 6am to 5pm i headed right to the beach after work and surfed til dark . Sometimes covering too shifts has it good side

Guy #4 Wins the Lottery and never responds to a swellinfo forum post again! Shoot, forgot to play the mega today

Images
    tuesday was pretty good but i think monday was better. definitely worth taking off. it was glassy and chest high+ all morning then dropped a little bit in the afternoon but still stayed good.

Guy #5, I live 3 hours from the surf, I met my wife as I was contemplating a move to San Diego, but her career has no job options there so we had to stay. I work at a place that has great leave time, and travel happens to be to some surf destinations. My wife gets the surfing and even got me a surfboard after I proposed to her. I have surfed at least once a month, every month for 90 in a row. I generally don't take sick days to surf on my usual spots, but twice a year I surf great waves. I hit San Diego at least once a year and get to Costa Rica about once a year so I get epic waves. I would love, love to live by the coast but right now it's not in the cards. But in 15 years when my wife wants out of the Govt. We will sell out house and move to the coast.