LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Ok so here is my 2 sence on things. First of all that chart posted above is accurate to perfection.
    very much a matter of opinion. there's no need for a 6/5/4 unless you're surfing wintertime nova scotia or alaska. for most, a 5/4/3 will be perfectly fine. also, once the water hits 40 in the spring, i'm perfectly happy in a 4/3 w/ 5mil boots, 3mil gloves, & a hood unless the air's really cold. i wear 3mil 5-fingers thru the winter. so yea, the chart is a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    ^^^ and regarding njsurfers comment.. Not ennttirely true. You should never go with the entry level suit, but the top of the line isnt exactly necessary either. I ussually go with the one right below the top of the line suit, example: xcel x-zip (great suit, and 100$ less then the top suit)
    very true. the mid-level suits for most companies are getting much better.

i tend to go polar bear method throughout the winter and just use my own body warmth and fat to keep warm so no wetsuit is needed you should try that too.

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy65 View Post
    i tend to go polar bear method throughout the winter and just use my own body warmth and fat to keep warm so no wetsuit is needed you should try that too.
    nope, i'm good. but if that's what works for you, good on ya...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    very much a matter of opinion. there's no need for a 6/5/4 unless you're surfing wintertime nova scotia or alaska. for most, a 5/4/3 will be perfectly fine. also, once the water hits 40 in the spring, i'm perfectly happy in a 4/3 w/ 5mil boots, 3mil gloves, & a hood unless the air's really cold.
    i agree, i'm usually fine for most of the season with only a 4/3 unless the air gets really cold. as long as you don't skimp out on the boots, gloves and hood you would be fine with a 5/4/3 all year. if you don't plan on going out in the dead of winter, i would recommend just buying a 4/3 unless you get cold easily. and if you do go with the 5/4/3 definitely get a 3/2 for fall and late spring