LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Out of Commision

Well,Its looking like I won't be getting some waves for awhile.Monday night I was surfing with a friend and I broke 4 ribs and damaged some air saks in my lungs.The best time of the year is coming and I'm sidelined.

jesus are you feeling alright now? how big was it?

Images
    Heal up man... Could always be worse. Get healthy first and then worry about charging it.

damn son. Sounds like there are consequences to chest high beach breaks? I may just have to pretend I never heard this...

****, man, get well soon!

small waves are sooo dangerous it's not even funny. we take so many more risks in small stuff than we would in larger surf. way more injuries (to board & rider) happen in sub-6ft surf it's not even funny...

Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    jesus are you feeling alright now? how big was it?
    Got some pain,Wasn't even that big.My boards nose got embedded and the board was sticking straight up out of the water.My back landed on my tail which happens to be a fish.Broke the nose of my board right off.Just a really freaky thing.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    ****, man, get well soon!

small waves are sooo dangerous it's not even funny. we take so many more risks in small stuff than we would in larger surf. way more injuries (to board & rider) happen in sub-6ft surf it's not even funny...
    Ya Agreed,Its always the little ones that get me.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    damn son. Sounds like there are consequences to chest high beach breaks? I may just have to pretend I never heard this...
    Ahh thats good stuff,I would laugh but I don't want to break another rib.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Got some pain,Wasn't even that big.My boards nose got embedded and the board was sticking straight up out of the water.My back landed on my tail which happens to be a fish.Broke the nose of my board right off.Just a really freaky thing.
    That's pretty gnarly. Definitely not something I'm thinking about when surfing beach breaks, but it goes to show that anything can happen. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    My boards nose got embedded and the board was sticking straight up out of the water.My back landed on my tail which happens to be a fish.Broke the nose of my board right off.Just a really freaky thing.
    holy ****.

feel better man