LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sorry to hear. Agreed that it's always the small stuff that causes injuries. Here's to a quick recovery. Feel better, bro.

i know how it is man, im getting hip surgery this tues so ill be out for months

Get well soon. My friend is sidelined till possibly Nov from the consequences of a knee to thigh day mishap a few weeks ago. Small day shore pounders suck.
    Last edited by Recycled Surfer; Aug 13, 2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: .

I feel your pain

On July 10th I was testing out a new longboard and some kid ran out in front of me on a 2 foot shorebreak. I jumped off the board to avoid hitting the kid and broke my ankle in 3 places. I went in for surgery on the 12th and have a 12-15 week recovery. I hope you're alright. I couldn't even get to the computer until 3 days ago.

Thanks for the posts,hopefully you guys will have some epic surf in the next couple months.I have a feeling its going to be a good fall.Myself,Im going to try to heal and watch some football until I get back to work and back into the water.

Images
    its always the little ones that get me too. heal up quickly.

Don't beat yourself up....there is a brightside, you will heal in time. You too Yeti. Go slow and make sure you do everything you can to get to a full recovery. Good diet, rest, etc... Rehab will suck, but it always does. Watch the painkillers.
    I broke most of my ribs in the 90's out west skiing. It was my own knees that did it. Good times. Work really sucked that Monday.
    I read about the amount of injuries that happen on the North Shore in surf under 5ft. You would be surprised at the amout of pros that get hurt in little surf.
    If any of you guys see Murphy (from Murphy's Law), kick him in his nuts.

and get well soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by whosthat View Post
    Don't beat yourself up....there is a brightside, you will heal in time. You too Yeti. Go slow and make sure you do everything you can to get to a full recovery. Good diet, rest, etc... Rehab will suck, but it always does. Watch the painkillers.
    I broke most of my ribs in the 90's out west skiing. It was my own knees that did it. Good times. Work really sucked that Monday.
    I read about the amount of injuries that happen on the North Shore in surf under 5ft. You would be surprised at the amout of pros that get hurt in little surf.
    If any of you guys see Murphy (from Murphy's Law), kick him in his nuts.
    So how long did it take for those ribs to heal.Im figuring like 8 weeks, hopefully a little less.Ive hardly touch the painkillers.I haven't been able to drop a deuce since Monday and i don't think those things help in that sense.Sleeping has been the roughest part of this whole deal.

You are correct about the 8 weeks, and I broke/cracked everyone of them. The pills will back you up for sure. I had to breathe shallow for a while. There's a pillow that is shaped like a triangle called "backsaver". Give it a try. Sleeping on a verticle tilt should help a little.