LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Dudes on sup's are the worst

I'm serious

worst dudes ever

a paddle? Really? Why don't you just strap an outboard on the back and be done with it.

Down with sup's in 2012

I tend to agree. If its big enough to short board, you shouldn't be on a SUP at a crowded break. At least find an uncrowded area to go.

They're always in the water with 30 other people.

Unless you're laird and you're pulling into peahi or chopes on one, get bent

hey i hate em too!

Images

boycott them

SUP = Stand Up *****

Just another trend for weird smiley people.

The dislike of the unlike

Images
    There is nothing wrong with SUP if you know how to surf and know your surf manners. The problem is generally with beginners on any kind of board at crowded breaks, those who sit inside on big days and are constantly getting cleaned up by the sets so they are in the way and the greedy. I know people who ride a SUP far better than many on conventional boards short or long.

Hate! Hate! Hate! ME TOO! A few folks ride them where I live and there is no point to it 99% of the time. Even on a mediocre day it throws a mean shortboard wave. It never fails, no matter how good they are, at some point in a session in solid waves they will get caught inside or pitched and become a danger to others. Especially to me because as a non local I am relegated to the inside bowl section of the reef. However, I also hate who fun they are to ride. Having spent the previous two months in the mid-Atlantic region... I spent some time on a SUP. Argh! For me SUPs are OK when...
    1. its small and NO ONE else is around
    2. or for putting your shortboard on the nose to make long paddles to the secret spots

Images
    I actually a few surfer who take out Sup's when its flat. They use them for distance paddleing and they fish from them as well. Its a shame a few people tarnished something that does have its place in the surfing culture

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I actually a few surfer who take out Sup's when its flat. They use them for distance paddleing and they fish from them as well. Its a shame a few people tarnished something that does have its place in the surfing culture
    I agree they are great when used the correct way, and out of crowded lineups. I want to get one to do some distance paddling. Beats going for a run!