LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    Hollister, sponging off the lifestyle? Say it isn't so!

Fin set up is superbbbbbbbbb

Images
    I think it would be sick to see those guys surf LB at its best, but at the same it would be pretty funny to see them get skunked and groveling in knee high swell for the million. Either way it should be entertaining, I was thinking about heading up for a day, but I dunno if itll be worth the traffic/crowds when I could just watch it at home. Anyone planning on going?

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Anyone planning on going?
    I was planning to go but I've got broken ribs and my wife is pregnant so im out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    I was planning to go but I've got broken ribs and my wife is pregnant so im out.
    double whammy!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    holy smokes dude. good luck homie.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I think it would be sick to see those guys surf LB at its best, but at the same it would be pretty funny to see them get skunked and groveling in knee high swell for the million. Either way it should be entertaining, I was thinking about heading up for a day, but I dunno if itll be worth the traffic/crowds when I could just watch it at home. Anyone planning on going?
    My feeling exactly...and while I'd love to surf NY during a solid hurricane swell:

1. We've been skunked thus far, and the last thing I want to do is fight a bunch of pro's for waves after waiting all summer for waves. The whole freaking circus surfs, not just the top 44. Every spot within an hour will be packed.

2. Totally aside from the Quik marketing tactic, I have a feeling most of the pro's see this whole thing as just a chance to go party. The guys who have a chance to win the title might care, but the rest are probably way more interested in spending a few nights rolling in the big apple. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I think even the sponsors will encourage this. I predict at least a few big surf mag's publishing articles that look a lot like US Weekly of your favorite pro getting jiggy with it at the clubs.
    Ocean Beach will be big for sure, especially in November. Unfortunately that place sometimes stays blown out for days on end. I think they'd be much better off holding the event at Moss Landing...I mean, uhhhh, I didn't say that out loud. :P

Images
    I will be there 9/9/11 - 9/11/11, hope to god that there will be waves, North Eastern or Hurricane swell.

I feel everyone’s mixed views about the event. It’s a great opportunity for the surfers of the east coast to view a pro surfing event live. I have never seen a pro contest before other than the Belmar Pro. Plus, you may get a chance to surf with some pros. In what sport can you hang with professionals and perform on the field as them?

Just hopping for some good waves on 9/9 or 9/10/2011…

Stop by www.eastbreak.com for images of surfing on the east coast and the up and coming Quicksilver Pro New York…

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    Hollister, sponging off the lifestyle? Say it isn't so!

those skaggs looks radical! not too sharp!

i heard you get more barrels if you go slower. Maybe we should all turn 'em around. Maybe hollister clowns get deeper than you.....

Quote Originally Posted by eastbreak View Post
    I will be there 9/9/11 - 9/11/11, hope to god that there will be waves, North Eastern or Hurricane swell.

I feel everyone’s mixed views about the event. It’s a great opportunity for the surfers of the east coast to view a pro surfing event live. I have never seen a pro contest before other than the Belmar Pro. Plus, you may get a chance to surf with some pros. In what sport can you hang with professionals and perform on the field as them?
    It is amazing to see those guys in person. I remember surfing Ehukai in 2ft slop; all of a sudden Mick Fanning was next to me and started just RIPPING. I mean, it was the craziest small wave surfing I've ever seen. Not to mention how surfing around guys like that will make you better. I don't know how that works, but I've found it to be very true in my own experience. It just sucks when you paddle out at Rocky Point and instantly recognize 8-10 pro's and realize you aren't going to get any waves. I would think there are lots of spots on Long Island since it's so...ermmm...long? :P Hopefully that's the case, and the locals don't get pushed out of their spots.