LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    True dat. Does anyone remember the Japan contest days?
    Mid 80s ASP contests in OCMD, New Jers etc were always in the summer and guys like Wes Laine and Kong were pretty big dudes to grovel it out in 2-3 foot slop. Embarassments like that were what led to the dream tour in the first place.

Images
    i might go on the weekend but it depends if I got some one who wants to roll up there with me . My wifes got things going on at her work so she wouldnt be able to go.

Images
    I just got the new Transworld issue and there's a quick pro new york booklet in there. It's pretty cool, but there's gotta be like 5 pictures of Balaram in there, seems like they are really pushing him as the NY surf poster boy. Hopefully he does well but if they are really putting the weight of NY on his back I can see the pressure getting to him. Hopefully the east coast boys do well though...

On a side note, Chopes is going off for the Billabong Pro!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post

On a side note, Chopes is going off for the Billabong Pro!
    It should be insane the next few days. I was fortunate enough to watch the free surf this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewk529 View Post
    It should be insane the next few days. I was fortunate enough to watch the free surf this afternoon.
    I also caught the free surf session. Stoked to see Bruce Irons out there killing it. Some of the angles they have from the channel really give you an idea of just how much of a freak that wave is. I would absolutely love to be there just watching it work.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    I also caught the free surf session. Stoked to see Bruce Irons out there killing it. Some of the angles they have from the channel really give you an idea of just how much of a freak that wave is. I would absolutely love to be there just watching it work.
    Yeah man it would would be sick to chill on one of the boats in the channel on a big day out there, just watching guys get shacked one after another being so close to the action.

Man,Could be some great timing with Katia.