LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Record Summer?

Images

Record Summer?

2011 looks like it may go down as the year when there was ZERO hurricane swell brought to the east coast between memorial and labor day. In all my years surfing I can't recall such a shameful summer of flatness.

When was the last time this happened?

dont be a p u s ssy there is still half a month to go

Images

Lead Time

Yes, two weeks, but it takes at least 1.5 weeks generally for a Cape Verde low to make its way across the Atlantic, develop into a hurricane, and make some swell. Maybe we'll get lucky with 97L but my bets are on this summer being one for the record books - record for flatness......____________________

maybe so, but i know september, october and november are gonna be banging...it's just like a mini-mall..hey, hey

the worst at this beach in all my 35 years surfing it

Yes - mother nature should be ashamed of herself!

http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/vie...ti_1-atlantic-

Might be 'something' next weekend...long way off, but i'm sure hoping for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizard View Post
    dont be a p u s ssy there is still half a month to go
    what a dumb reply

f*ck it im buying a jet powered SUP. No, I'm making a Hawaiian canoe out of like 4 of them, a giant inflatable banana, and some hemp rope

i agree that it's been a pretty dismal summer. nothing really over stomach high since early july & endless flatness there for a week or so. but you know that even if it had been head high most of the summer, half the people on here would be *****ing about how the wind was wrong or the tide was too full or too low or the swell angle wasn't right or swellinfo had forecasted DOH & all they got was head high w/ maybe bigger sets...face it, we're never happy.

personally, i can't wait for the next solidly overhead swell to see how many people *actually* paddleout & back up all the ****-talking that's been going on & how many find some excuse to just hang in the parking lot or on the beach watching. that's always how it is on a decent to big swell...lot's of people talking in the lead up, not so many paddling out & catching waves when it comes to suit deed to word.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Aug 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM.