LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: Record Summer?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VB via PR and HI
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    Let's face it, if anyone on here could "really surf"they would be sponsored and doing trips. Not dealing with east coast kooks. My suggestion is for many ppl on here, get some video of yourself (ask one of the kooks watching)... I bet your not "ripping" as hard as you think. Check yoself before you wreck yoself.
    That's a very close-minded assumption. There's plenty of people who aren't sponsored who can destroy it who have chosen to let surfing take a back seat to other things in life...I know guys capable of paddling out a few times/year and would absolutely embarrass many people who are paid to surf in a variety of conditions including some bombs that would leave a lot of people sitting on the beach.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VB via PR and HI
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    Family reunions 2 hours inland with kids running around everywhere make one more inclined to find a spot alone to troll surf forums. Happy to say at least I don't do it on a regular basis.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tinton Falls
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    All i know is Summer is the Kooks time for surfing, which you sound like. If you expect there to be epic swell from memorial day to labor day you are very misinformed. Get with the program, make all your money in the summer from the kooks because we all know the surf blows in the summer, and get ready for fall when we do get pumping surf.
    This is all important,but most important is staying above the weather!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    Family reunions 2 hours inland with kids running around everywhere make one more inclined to find a spot alone to troll surf forums. Happy to say at least I don't do it on a regular basis.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    That's a very close-minded assumption. There's plenty of people who aren't sponsored who can destroy it who have chosen to let surfing take a back seat to other things in life...I know guys capable of paddling out a few times/year and would absolutely embarrass many people who are paid to surf in a variety of conditions including some bombs that would leave a lot of people sitting on the beach.
    I agree with you. My statement was made more for the ppl who complain about kooks. It's a waste of time and f*cks up the vibe. My beaches have become increasingly kooky but if you analize the "kooky" situations its usually the more experienced guy who is the kook. Almost every swell I see Kids yelling and getting all agro but yet can't do a proper bottom turn themselves. The point I wanted to make is, most ppl aren't ripping as hard as they think. I like to think I rip but I'm humble enough to realize I'm just average. What it comes down to is the "im so good i hate kooks" vibe is just corny at best. There is a reason why Jersey has had only 1 WCT surfer. Man I hope waves come soon, I'm actaully writing in a forum AGGG
    Last edited by fupafest; Aug 19, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

  6. #36
    Picture 3.jpg

    that area of orange, which is dry air, is our problem. These tropical waves come off of africa, hit that area of dry air and then die off. Just like Emily, that's why she died so quickly. Once that dry air lifts up into the north atlantic we are ok, but until then, nothing is going to get stronger than a tropical storm or category 1 storm if we are lucky.
    Last edited by ripthegnar; Aug 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    Although the lack of swell has been absolutely insane, it may be a blessing. Labor day is when all the "shoobies" head back north and kids go back to school, leaving us with at least a chance at decent surf with only a few guys. I remember last year surfing Danielle closeouts with at least 50ppl minimum (not too fun). It's just getting out of control the amount of people in the water these days. I think ppl seem to forget this is the East Coast, we only get "good" waves maybe 10x a year with only 2-3 of them being "epic". The rest of the time we are just frothing over scraps (in 5-7mm suits mind you) on world standards. And..I just love how ppl tend to complain about the most redic sh*t. Your mad kooks dont paddle out in hurricane surf...seriously!?! I don't care if the look all day as long as they aren't causing traffic in the line up. Let's face it, if anyone on here could "really surf"they would be sponsored and doing trips. Not dealing with east coast kooks. My suggestion is for many ppl on here, get some video of yourself (ask one of the kooks watching)... I bet your not "ripping" as hard as you think. Check yoself before you wreck yoself.
    Well said, pretty funny all the tough guys talking about DOH and kooks in summer blah blah, shut your trap and just surf man. And if you rip, you're def not on swellinfo forum calling people kooks, kook.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,297
    then you must not rip,dredge,and fupa,you've done that 113 times,now

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/vie...ti_1-atlantic-

    Might be 'something' next weekend...long way off, but i'm sure hoping for it.
    I'm sure there will be, I have to go to the Pocono's for my buddy's bachelor weekend. I've been waiting patiently and I can gaurantee you there will be swell, based solely on the fact that I'll be too far away to get some! Never fails.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    All i know is Summer is the Kooks time for surfing, which you sound like. If you expect there to be epic swell from memorial day to labor day you are very misinformed. Get with the program, make all your money in the summer from the kooks because we all know the surf blows in the summer, and get ready for fall when we do get pumping surf.
    yo dawg, your slackin' ...what about staying above the weather?
    or are you under the weather?