LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HA look at this

Images

HA look at this

Magicseaweed states that on monday 8/29 it will be 15.5ft at 6am then 2ft at 10 seconds at 12pm...a drop of 13.5 feet in 6 hours? silly magicseaweed...

Images
    hahaha that website is so ****ty. here or surfline are usually on point about the waves and swells.

cool, well I'm gonna stand on the beach at 6 am and whine about how it's too big to paddle out and then paddle out at 12 and complain that it's too small.

MSW is a very popular site. It must be spot on in Europe or something because it sure isn't here. They use the same data that other sites develop forecasts with, the swell model is sh*t though. At least for our neck of the woods

Images
    Very very silly. I usually use msw for the wind not size or anythingg

Images
    yeah, the only reason i ever use that site is to check all the historical swell data... although the data isnt 100% accurate, its pretty close and its cool to compare your beach to all the others in the nation/world to see how much swell other guys get (or dont get) each month etc over a 10 year period.... Some places will shock you!

that site has lots of cool pictures too. thanks to magicseaweed i know what waves look like in a lot of places around the world

Look at Saturday for Southern NC, SC and GA 37 foot on SwellInfo.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    Magicseaweed states that on monday 8/29 it will be 15.5ft at 6am then 2ft at 10 seconds at 12pm...a drop of 13.5 feet in 6 hours? silly magicseaweed...
    Look at South Beach forecast on here, 15 foot at 8PM and flat .08 feet at 2AM. I have seen tons of hurricane swell die in a few hours over the last 25 years.

Images
    i think it would make more sense for south beach cause it is on the bottom tip of florida, this having a weird angle as the storm moves rather quickly up the coast. And plus, it looks like the bahamas are blocking most of it.
    Last edited by super fish; Aug 21, 2011 at 07:19 PM.