LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    Sh!t. Irene is expected to hit southern north carolina as a category 3. Stay safe down there. Surf friday and saturday morning and then GTFO. Peace.
    **** man i live in senc and we stay during hurricanes we load up the cooler with food and beer and make sure the gill has gas and the chainsaw has gas and we stay put! once the storm leaves we cut down what we need to remove to get out. so true southerners will ride out the storm no matter what.

I'll be here with you wbsurfer...If our roof doesn't pop off come by for a brew (Henderson St.) just south of the pier.

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    O so do I. I wanna it to farther offshore so we get some big, long period swell and so it doesn't destroy the beaches from the erosion. There's a chance for it to miss us completely.
    yeah me too. not a super religious guy, but i'm praying it does. hurricanes are great for swell, but when they hit land it's a problem. i'm optimistic though.

I am in oc md , watching all the models ......most times they spin off the carolina's and out to sea . Some models have it pretty close ,been awhile here since a strong one. Anyone else in the area thought's or anyone 2 cents

Images
    Haha damn. Good luck man. I hope everything goes well for you guys down there.

at the rate this summer has been goin, im just lookin for something thats gonna scare me on the paddle out

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I remeber the report calling the Swell we had last labor day as choppy and shoulder high but, it was far from it . The Satuday and Sunday before labor day was some if the best surf we had all last summer here .
    actually i think the forecast was calling for knee high leftovers on saturday and flat by sunday, but saturday morning and actually all day was super fun chest high waves. even sunday we still had leftovers. but the real gem was friday afternoon- several feet overhead and clean. some of the best surf ive seen in jersey.

but i hope irene makes a turn before wilmington, cuz right now its looking like a direct hit as a major hurricane. not good.

Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    actually i think the forecast was calling for knee high leftovers on saturday and flat by sunday, but saturday morning and actually all day was super fun chest high waves. even sunday we still had leftovers. but the real gem was friday afternoon- several feet overhead and clean. some of the best surf ive seen in jersey.

but i hope irene makes a turn before wilmington, cuz right now its looking like a direct hit as a major hurricane. not good.
    That was the mix of NE groundswell sent 'back' at us as Danielle moved away, and some of the longer period Earl stuff starting to hit us if I remember correctly. Danielle was a rarity in the amount of good NE groundswell we had from the top of the storm fetching towards us while it moved away, don't see that very often.

we were gonna have a bday party for my roommate. it has now been changed to a hurricane party. i really hope it doesnt hit wilmington, i dont think my house will stay standing

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman31396 View Post
    at the rate this summer has been goin, im just lookin for something thats gonna scare me on the paddle out
    Me too man. There is nothing better than that feeling you get in your stomach when an outside set crumbles a little when it hits the outside bar.