LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

I cant remember the last time I had a multi-duckdive paddle out.

Irene

Sunday's forecast is 12 to 16 feet.You go Irene!Naughty little girl.

gnarshredding

Do you think you could duck dive with a life jacket on? I just started surfing this year and I think Irene might be a good time to get used to bigger waves. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jettyface View Post
    Do you think you could duck dive with a life jacket on? I just started surfing this year and I think Irene might be a good time to get used to bigger waves. Any thoughts?
    if you just started surfing this year, and the swell are the size they're talking about, my suggestion is don't go out (life jacket or no life jacket). They'll be lots of water moving around, and if your not used to being in surf even chest to head high, this wouldn't be the time to try well overhead with lots of current. B/T/W, don't take offense, just saying if you started surfing this year odds are you won't be ready for it.

[QUOTE=jettyface I just started surfing this year and I think Irene might be a good time to get used to bigger waves. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right?

@goodvibes

Ok good point. I'll get swimmies too. I think I can do this. My mom always tells me I can do anything I put my mind to.

uhhh....no. no. no. no. no. no. uh, no. ballsy to write that on here. for that, i give you credit.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    if you pull it off and actually attempt that and be successful then come back and inform us about it.

Images
    do you guys think it will make landfall in NJ at all? it looks pretty close on the models but so did earl last year

I think its a great idea.. If you get there and it looks too big I reccomend you just paddle out anyway. Big waves always look a lot scarier then they actually are, but don't worry. They can't hurt you. Don't listen to these other guys on here, they're just jealous of your bravery. Try not to stress it too much. Your life jacket will keep you safe from the bigg waves andd the rip currents at the same time!!!!! And remember what i told you.. If you get there and they look too big,, just paddle out anyway. It's the only way to get past your fear. Don't worry about it much, nobody evverr gets hurt surfing.. As a matter of fact, I would reccomend waiting for one of the bigger sets to come in before you actually paddle for one. The bigger ones are easier to surf by far. HAVE FUNNN!!!