LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

Images
    OCMD was nearly destroyed in 1933 when a monster hurricane went up through the Chesapeake. That is how the OC inlet was created. Hopefully, the town fairs better this time around; although, I believe that you should assume certain risks when purchasing property on the coastline.

Do you have a link to this?
    Try using the "google". I heard It's a pretty good source
    but here, I found it
    http://www.footsforecast.org/

While the Sat morn surf here in Northern Monmouth Cty looks great I think come Sat night this storm is seriously going to f**k this area up. Too much new building without much heed to what mother nature can do. Hoping you all stay safe and make sure to stock up on the booze!

i got plenty of ammo to shoot looters! I'm already starting to hear stories about evacuations so this might be a swell that no-one rides.

Cape May County is supposed to make an announcement at 3:00 today. Avalon already posted a voluntary evac. I think the mandatory evac could be upon us shortly.

http://www.avalonboro.org/news/2011-...r-COUNTY-14210

Ya, I'll get down to Margate and they won't let me in the surf. Tomorrow looks fun, too. Traffic might be horrendous on AC Expressway... idk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    i got plenty of ammo to shoot looters! I'm already starting to hear stories about evacuations so this might be a swell that no-one rides.

I am concerned about this situation as well. If this storm does hit our areas hard, there's no way anyone will be able to get to the beaches with the restrictions.

Just surfed Manasquan Inlet, a lot of fun offshore waist high waves coming in pretty consistent too.

Def building, tomorrows gona be sick early in the AM I think..waters ****ing freezing only lasted 45 minutes bareback.

Oh and good luck and stay safe to all you guys, this storms gona **** **** up

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SocietyInKhaos View Post
    While the Sat morn surf here in Northern Monmouth Cty looks great I think come Sat night this storm is seriously going to f**k this area up. Too much new building without much heed to what mother nature can do. Hoping you all stay safe and make sure to stock up on the booze!
    Hopefully this swell shows in Monmouth County, I remember a couple tropical swells last season that were completely flat everywhere north of Belmar...