LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

waves in wrightsville is chest to head, with water 83 degrees. sorry homies. time to batten down the hatches though. hurricane/evacuation party anyone?

just got out from DP this morning in wrightsville. solid head high sets. somewhat closing out, but i basically surfed alone. super fun way to deliver irene!!!!

Monmouth county, NJ is tiny but there's fun little barreling coming in right now.

If there's a good spot for high tide get on it, and let me kno where it is

Images
    Tomorrow morning in VB it's gonna be going off early. I'm getting my William Wallace zinka warpaint on. Stay safe everybody. This situation is not looking good.

Avalon is under mandatory evacuation with Stone Harbor & Sea Isle to most likely follow. Latest report says the eye will pass over Cape May. Dying for some waves but not at this cost.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    Avalon is under mandatory evacuation with Stone Harbor & Sea Isle to most likely follow. Latest report says the eye will pass over Cape May. Dying for some waves but not at this cost.
    I agree that South Jersey is not looking good. Outside of damage due to winds and rain, the storm surge is a big issue here with the coastal bay systems. Don't be a hero if you live in a flood prone area.

Phase 3 evac. begins tonight at midnight in OCMD...only emergency personnel allowed on island...everyone else must be out by 5pm Fri.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cobtaco223 View Post
    Try using the "google". I heard It's a pretty good source
    but here, I found it
    http://www.footsforecast.org/
    With respect to whoever writes that blog...their OCMD writeup is full of hyperbole that they know nothing about.

"Surge exceeding 6 feet would inundate most of the city, with most wooden structures in downtown Ocean City destroyed."

Are these guys predicting MOST of the older homes in OCMD (which are all wooden structures) will be destroyed? No credibility in that site if they cant edit out that kind of non sense. This storm is bad enough and serious enough without meteorologists who deal in straight up hype

hoping this windswell sticks around until dark. dying to get the arms loose before the big weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    hoping this windswell sticks around until dark. dying to get the arms loose before the big weekend..
    Just checked it up and down Manasquan thru Ocean Grove.. too high to surf anywhere..but there is definally swell.

Maybe 7 pm for an hour it'll be decent.