LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Irene

I just came in. Atlantic City was FUN!! Only about thigh or so but finally some ass behind the waves. Here's to hoping tomorrow morn is even better.

Images
    i just got back also. it's definitely building, but not quite there yet. some of the sets were pretty decent size, but with the south wind here everything is a mess for right now. i'm hoping to surf tomorrow morning then we'll see what happens after that

Images
    I don't think its much of a chance to be fun or rideable until monday here on delmarva. It's to close to have a long stretch of swell invite some calm offshore winds or calm winds period. To short of a window. And beach closings town evacuations blah blah blah.

Images
    does anyone know when they will end the evacuation/hurricane watch? if they aren't letting people near the beach after it passes a cleanup session may not even be an option

We are officially in full hype mode

Really interesting article on APP.com, for anyone trying to beast it out and stay close to the shore you might wana read this.

http://www.app.com/article/20110825/...y-tsunami-like

thanks for sharing that, i have to say that some of the stories sound a little fishy though. . . two boys riding a boardwalk like a raft then jumping off on a dune? i'm sure there's truth in there but these do seem to be aural accounts from the 1930'3-40's. fun to read though.

Quote Originally Posted by lalit View Post
    thanks for sharing that, i have to say that some of the stories sound a little fishy though. . . two boys riding a boardwalk like a raft then jumping off on a dune? i'm sure there's truth in there but these do seem to be aural accounts from the 1930'3-40's. fun to read though.
    The boardwalk raft story is a little more plausible than this one:
    “patron actually washed out the back door and people (said) he rode the barstool through the center of town,”

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    I don't think its much of a chance to be fun or rideable until monday here on delmarva. It's to close to have a long stretch of swell invite some calm offshore winds or calm winds period. To short of a window. And beach closings town evacuations blah blah blah.
    It's been calm and ridable all morning..

Sitting dry in Philly right now after evacuating. Hopefully the bridge to LBI will open up on Monday so I don't have to miss any more surf. Also, I'm hoping that my parents still have a house after this weekend. Wouldn't want them to be homeless and have to move in with me...