LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene

I think the biggest question is will the d-bag bureaucrats in the towns even let anyone near the water??

Some needs to send a memo to the storm that it is time to take a hard right after passing inbetween NC and Bermuda.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Some needs to send a memo to the storm that it is time to take a hard right after passing inbetween NC and Bermuda.
    Have you seen the 11AM models? 4/6 look good for us, GFDI and HWRF, not so good.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...109_model.html

is it me,or is the forecast projected path slowly,ever so slightly moving farther east?

looking better each time i check out the models. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    everyone keeps comparing irene to earl, but it seems to be escaping everyone's notice that irene is a LOT closer to the coast than earl was. the winds are going to be far less favorable & a lot more intense & the waves are going to be bigger, but largely unridable. i really don't think we're going to see much, if any, surf from this system. by the time the winds back off & it cleans up, the swell will be gone. it's just too close to the shore.
    Friday is gonna be light offshore with south windswell/SSE Groundswell. I'll take that. Plus we know it's not gonna be completely flat after the storm passes. The forecast may say that, but it's wrong.

its gonna go offshore, its gonna go offshore, its gonna go offshore..... please go offshore..... ok thanks

Images
    are we even gonna be able to get this. there talking about evacuating the island (in New Jersey)this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYboarder View Post
    are we even gonna be able to get this. there talking about evacuating the island (in New Jersey)this weekend
    is this your first hurricane swell?

I think we can get some good surf, at least for ocmd, on sunday at like 7. it says clean and 5-7 ft.