LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Double overhead

  1. #1

    Double overhead

    hey everyone so i see the insane waves were gonna get this weekend and i really wanna go out.. but the thing is ive never been in double overhead surf im kindof scared/nervous any tips to help me get in the water

    p.s im a bodyboarder

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Haig Bakhtiarian View Post
    hey everyone so i see the insane waves were gonna get this weekend and i really wanna go out.. but the thing is ive never been in double overhead surf im kindof scared/nervous any tips to help me get in the water

    p.s im a bodyboarder
    Yes, dont go. You will be a hazard to yourself and all those around you. For real though, I know nobody can stop you so just strap that ***** on your wrist and paddle out. You aint gotta ask permision. Just do it. Thats what I did. If you dont wash up on shore swollen and blue or have to get rescued by the coastgard or dont put someone elses life on the line to rescue you then when you walk out of the water your nutz will be draggin the ground. No tips man. Just paddle out and figure that ish out on your own.

  3. #3
    you are going to get pounded but have and be safe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Inland, near DC
    Posts
    241
    http://youtu.be/6spBu2XAk4A

    What's the biggest surf you've ridden? If you can't safely keep yourself out of the impact zone, stay on the beach.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    30
    Images
    1237
    Quote Originally Posted by rlghdude View Post
    Yes, dont go. You will be a hazard to yourself and all those around you. For real though, I know nobody can stop you so just strap that ***** on your wrist and paddle out. You aint gotta ask permision. Just do it. Thats what I did. If you dont wash up on shore swollen and blue or have to get rescued by the coastgard or dont put someone elses life on the line to rescue you then when you walk out of the water your nutz will be draggin the ground. No tips man. Just paddle out and figure that ish out on your own.
    Thats awesome advice and very well stated!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    1,029
    Images
    2
    I surf and I've only been out in overheadish surf once. you kind just gotta suck it up, charge, and be confident. If you go into it scared, you're gonna get your ass kicked. but just go for it, you wont get waves like this for awhile haha. you'll regret not doing it.

  7. #7
    ok im reallly good with getting out of the way respecting guys and im not a bad bodyboarder the biggest ive ever been in is overhead at hurricane bill and im not an idiot either i can decently duck dive too. how big do u think the faces of the waves will be if swellinfo says 12 feet?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Inland, near DC
    Posts
    241
    Size will vary wildly based on wind/bottom/tide of local conditions. Basically, sit, study, watch, learn, plan your attack, then go!
    Last edited by CaptJAQ; Aug 23, 2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: changed very to vary d'oh

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    77
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Haig Bakhtiarian View Post
    how big do u think the faces of the waves will be if swellinfo says 12 feet?
    Seriously dude, check the Coralla surf report because that guy is always on the money!!!!

  10. #10
    it says theres gonna be 50 mph winds is that even possible to surf?