LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Boca Raton

Boca Raton

Ayone surf the Boca Raton area? forecast has it Fri to Sun. west winds straight through and solid swell.
    I have family down there and have a place to stay, but no boards down there or break knowledge. What do i do, it looks a whole lot better than her and Southwest has a deal. ANY ADVICE would be much appreciated. ASAP as decissions need to be made

Images
    I went there to surf but the parking lots were full the swell was bad. I do remember there being hot girls there.
    Go to juno pier its a cool little spot i found on my a1a tour.

I have surfed Deerfield Beach Pier which is right next to Boca Raton. I surfed the north side of the pier and it seemed to be breaking the best there. It actually wasn't bad when I surfed it and seemed to have a decent amount of local surfers. I bought a used board from Island Water Sports which is right down the street from the pier (walking distance). The shop is actually a really nice shop and has a large selection of boards, new and used. Next to the shop is another shop which I think was a Lost Shop that had Lost Boards and Lost gear. I shipped the board home ups or fedex I dont remember. But it wasn't too expensive. I think there's a board rental there also. Hope this helps.

your fundamental problem is the bahamas... south of wpb you are blocked by the bahamas (delray window excepetd) most sofla spots light up on nor'easter, not hurricanes. there are quite a few spots a bit north and you should just find them yourself... then wait for winter and you will see the reefs of sofla lifght up (at least for a day or two_) look at a map and fill the gas tank... this aint "rocket" science...

Images
    Reef road starts at 3 to 5 ft and holds up to 16 plus

so the way its forecasted on swellinfo for say, palm beach (20 minutes north of where ill be staying) , ... you guys think its worth dropping 404 $ for a flight Thursday nite to Sunday? I know the board shopyou talking about Eric thanks.... it seems like residual swell for sat and sunday in chest head range... **** .. now tham forecast for jersey looks so ****ty.. should I?( wife will be pissed if i leave her with kids) , I feel like a virgin

I don't think its worth it to be honest. Its still uncertain what the path of Irene is going to do. You never know...NJ could end up being better than Southern Florida.