LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. i would bodyboard them.. not surf

Quote Originally Posted by A.E.Z. (Surf & Sponge) View Post
    i don't live in oc.. i have a place there.. but i was saying an evacuation is a possibility not that its gonna happen haha.. but who knows what will happen.. it could die out or go east and not even hit the mid alantic! but im with you guys on the clean up it should be awesome
    anything is possible, but look at the odds...irene is not going to die out & the likelihood of her swinging wide is becoming smaller by the hour. an evacuation order for the southeast is a very real possibility at this point. municipal authorities will err on the side of caution, esp. where tourists are concerned.
    & i'm going to say b/c i've been thinking it since i read your first post (& i've been drinking): you sound like a kook who has no clue what they're talking about.

i was in ocmd when it hit, i felt a quiver in my house and im 4 houses from the beach but my friends who were on the beach didnt feels a thing. the ground is really loose here from being close to shore so thats probably why we didnt feel it as much

i was actually on the beach when it hit. Once it hit people began bugging out, I watched one family run off the beach and leave all of their belongings. When i got home, a picture actually feel off my wall but it wasn't on the wall very well. I have family in philadelphia that said it shook like crazy there.

Images
    I was standing on the beach near Ocean City Md and didn't feel anything and neither did anyone else. When I heard there was an earquake I thought back to remember where I was and had the faintest memory of a big truck rumbling by as I was talking to a friend. The reason that memory was odd is that I was nowhere near a road. Was that it, I don't know but I'm pissed now because I missed a quake back in New Jersey like 1979 when I was in Junior high. Everyone said they felt it except me, I felt so left out.

I was sittin on the beach watching the ECSC at VA beach and i didn't feel a thing, but i walked down to 711 to get a drink and some kids asked if i felt it, so i called my dad who was in chesapeake at my house and he said the whole house was shaking pretty hard but the only thing we could find that fell over was a deoderant stick in my room

Quote Originally Posted by Alm View Post
    ... he said the whole house was shaking pretty hard but the only thing we could find that fell over was a deoderant stick in my room
    yes, this has been hyped up so much. We all survived the rapture.

You are not surfing 20 foot waves, especially not in Jersey. A 20 foot wave in jersey would require a true hell man. I have surfed 10-12 foot waves on the east coast that were just too damn stressful, I dont think I even have an urge to go any bigger, not without a jet ski. No channels, unpredictable winds, brown ass water...
    Last edited by leethestud; Aug 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'm going to say b/c i've been thinking it since i read your first post (& i've been drinking): You sound like a kook who has no clue what they're talking about.

hahahahaha

at atlantic city when the tiny earthquake hit. it was hilarious, of course all the people eavesdropping overheard me and my friends joking about a "tsunami" and freaked out, running to their cars or staring at the horizon for an hour straight. tsunami? its jersey. and the mini quake here was nothing compared to california...on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by czs View Post
    at atlantic city when the tiny earthquake hit. it was hilarious, of course all the people eavesdropping overheard me and my friends joking about a "tsunami" and freaked out, running to their cars or staring at the horizon for an hour straight. tsunami? its jersey. and the mini quake here was nothing compared to california...on a daily basis
    you should study geology more...tsunamis are a very real possibility here.