That wuake was just a reminder that the entire eastern seaboard lays on top of the most dangerous and power fault line in North America.... It lies dormant most of the time... But the mountains from Georgia all the way up to maine were initially created by that very fault line... My dad works for noaa and reminded me of that when Baltimore had a quake about 2 years ago.... You never think about it, but that is a HUGE fault line...

And a 20-30 second quake is longer than anything ive ever felt in CA, and ive been in about 10 bigger quakes out here.... So, although it doesnt happen much, the potential for disaster on the east coast is huge.... Not ONE of your buildings, bridges or ANY structure has earthquake proofing or the proper engineering.... Since the 60s, everything in CA has to be earthquake resistant etc..... So this was a good eye opener...

As for The Hurricane... Hopefully it will swing out a tad, ease up on the wind and give you some good surf..... But just remember, just because the sea heights and offshore waves will be measured at 20ft+, that does NOT mean that you local beach break will be holding 20ft wave faces.... on gentle sloping beach breaks like that, I would assume you would see very, very dissorganized 10-12ft max wave faces... You need huge sandbars and huge deep spots on the shoreline for any beach break to peak up and get 20ft plus.... You have to have a setup like Blacks or OBX with a huge deep channel right offshore that funnels the energy up....

Point being, it will probably be a sloppy, giant mess, but this 20-30 foot waves are just not gonna happen. Not there... Maybe up in Rhode Island or something on a giant reef.... but not down in either OC.....