LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Actually we are due for a big shake soon say geologist. The 1783 quake was 5.3 on the Richter scale and is still to this day the largest quake on record that happened in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    you should study geology more...tsunamis are a very real possibility here.
    so very true. most people think the earth is a stable and static platform. when the glaciers moved thru way back they pushed everything off of the bedrock and when they retreated a bare moonscape was pretty much left. sediments are not distributed evenly and over geologic time huge amounts of weight and pressure cause fractures which give way eventually and s h i t happens. most of these factors are so huge and time is so long we cant really conceive whats going on. we are relatively safe day to day but dont for a second think we are immune to disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    you should study geology more...tsunamis are a very real possibility here.
    o__o cool. never knew that, thanks like this? http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/03...mous_tsun.html

haaaaa. im l o l or whatever you kids say. where would one get a t shirt like this?

Contact me for limited edition T's

I'm going out whether or not OCMD gets evacuated. but they also said that about earl last year and I surfed while earl was closest to us. Also, the waves wont break 15 foot, there is no way we'll have 40 foot waves. the wind was 60 mph last year though and I surfed it, so its possible

Earl was different

Quote Originally Posted by A.E.Z. (Surf & Sponge) View Post
    Earthquake:So as we all know we had an earthquake here on the east coast, and might I say it was the coolest thing i've ever experienced. But who was in the ocean or on the beach when it happened? I would like to know how it felt there!

Hurricane Irene:The East Coast is getting waves from 5-40 foot? Sounds pretty awesome, but who actually has the balls to go out there? I would ride clean 20 foot, but from what i'm hearing the ocean is going be crazy! 50-70 mph on shore winds? that would blow you off your board! So who on here is planning to go out in this? And sad news, but my aunt says Ocean City, MD is most likely going to be evacuated. She is with Ocean City counsel so she would know

What's next?
    Tsunami... ???

Stfu

Damn Earthquake
    Last edited by Bad Bug Surfing; Aug 24, 2011 at 05:28 PM.