LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wadda kook, if geologists suggested that you read those articles their doctorates are highly in question. Sounds to me like you listen to a bit too much right-wing talk radio. Clam up Rush...

Don't quote me but it's my understanding that Earth goes through Ice Ages every certain amount of years, 10,000 is what I heard. Apparently it is on the tail end of the latest Ice Age. The only question I see is whether or not the rate at which it is changing is abnormally fast. But I'm pretty sure there isn't enough prehistoric data to determine the previous rates, so, yeah...

Images
    many climatological studies correlate an increase of global avg temperature with the rise in C02 levels since the industrial revolution and especially since the mid 1900's.

Images
    Many "climatetoligists" would also disagree. This is a well orchastrated political propaganda scheme. Most people speaking about this subject know little or nothing about it. Those that do will tell you that we really have no idea if mankind is causing anything.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Many "climatetoligists" would also disagree. This is a well orchastrated political propaganda scheme. Most people speaking about this subject know little or nothing about it. Those that do will tell you that we really have no idea if mankind is causing anything.
    I respectively disagree. I spent 4 years in graduate school in one of the only climatology departments in the country. So, I am not speaking from personal opinion, but rather from a collective understanding of the popular research going on.

There is one outspoken skeptic in the department, and through his research he says that the data is just not conclusive enough to indicate a definitely increase in a global average temperature. Studies like this are very valuable, but the majority of scientists looking at the climate disagree with him.

Most scientific studies, aren't solely going to prove or disprove a theory, but when we get a large collection of studies on a particular area than we can start to form opinions.

My strong personal opinion is that we will never be 100% certain that a global warming influence is currently or is going to cause devastating effects on the climate, but since much evidence points to these kind of possibilities, wouldn't it be worth it to change to a clean, alternative resources?? EVEN IF WERE WRONG, I think it is worth making these changes, due to the POTENTIAL significant impact we may be causing. There's no easy solution for this change, but it is undoubtedly possible.

Sorry for the ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Most people speaking about this subject know little or nothing about it.
    I think you're right about that...

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    I think you're right about that...
    In fact, humans as a species know little about this or anything to do with the world for that matter. How many other countries are talking about this issue?

Images

angles

all that "political propoganda" about cleaner cars, cleaner air is just soo wrong. . .even though the south wind/swell crossed up the northeast it was sweet here in jersey wiast-shoulder occ head and barrels galore, i was quite impressed, listen to mr swellinfo man he is very wise

Yeah, we arent affecting the rates of climate change yeah...

We dont have much info on prehistoric climatological changes... yeah.

Give me a break... I wonder what the average level of education is here on this board?

****ing burned out minds filled with uninformed opinions fostered by idiot right wing radio here on the shore.