LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: costa rica

Hybrid View

costa rica

whats goin on everyone? i'm trying to make my way to costa winter break, who knows any killer spots a couple college kids could shred for a couple weeks?

winter is offseason so go to Playa Hermosa which picks up more swell than other beaches / areas. it is costa rica's "most consistent beach break" Enjoy

There is a great place in Playa Hermosa(the one close to Jaco), near where i stayed. it's called Hermosa bungalows and it's a compound of about 30 4 person bungalows with kitchens across the street from the beach. the can squeeze up to 7 at pretty cheep rates. http://www.hermosabungalows.com/ fly into San Jose and rent a car or get a cab to Playa Hermosa which is only and hour and a half drive. or you could try to find a place up in Tamarindo.

Images
    Playa Hermosa is the definitely a hot spot for surf, and Playa Joca up the street is a fun town with restaurants and bars. Check out the Swellinfo costa rica surf trip rentals for options on places to stay in Jaco or Hermosa.

5. check us out www.surfcosta.com we offer discounts to swellinfo members. we are 10 minutes from the playa hermosa referenced above in earlier posts. email for info.

rvb@surfcosta.com

Costa Rica is the Sh*t!

Images
    I am going with some friends in november...Where I am going is no secret, but I'm not going to announce it in the forums. My best piece of advice for you is not to stay in tamarindo unless your primary motivation for going there to party. There are no good breaks with an easy walking distance besides playa grande and even that is more than a mile away... check out spirit airlines for cheap flights, use nature air or sansa instead of renting a car ( unless you plan on traveling to a lot of different breaks) , check out vrbo.com for good places to stay, renting a board is usually an option and always cheaper than bringing your own, bring plenty of sunscreen, and go for as many days as you possibly can because once you get there you'll never want to leave! Finally, use the internet to your advantage. There is so much information available to you for research prior to committing to where you going...

Quote Originally Posted by aceermlichvb View Post
    There is a great place in Playa Hermosa(the one close to Jaco), near where i stayed. it's called Hermosa bungalows and it's a compound of about 30 4 person bungalows with kitchens across the street from the beach. the can squeeze up to 7 at pretty cheep rates. http://www.hermosabungalows.com/ fly into San Jose and rent a car or get a cab to Playa Hermosa which is only and hour and a half drive. or you could try to find a place up in Tamarindo.
    That is a pretty nice place. Although I walked around the houses knocking on doors, even to Eddie's board rental, trying to borrow a phone to call a cab and nobody answered. I guess it doesn't help that I look like a Tico who may be robbing their house.

thanks for all the feedback brothas, i hope to put this to good use in the fall...

any arising questions, i'll be sure to contact a couple of you..

once again, thanks for the help & one love

playa negra, its always head head high when the surrounding breaks are flat, or marbella