LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Friday AM - Getting to Beach

Am I going to be able to get to the beach and surf tomorrow morning? My understanding is that NJ has mandatory evacuations beginning at 8 AM on Friday. Will I be able to get to the beach and on the beach? Is the traffic leaving the beach going to be ridiculous to the point that it's not even worth it?

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    i havent heard this and i live next to the beach. we arent gonna get hit until sat from the bigger swell and sat night from surge/winds, so i dunno whats goin on. ill be out all day tomo though, regardless of evacs

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darealm View Post
    Am I going to be able to get to the beach and surf tomorrow morning? My understanding is that NJ has mandatory evacuations beginning at 8 AM on Friday. Will I be able to get to the beach and on the beach? Is the traffic leaving the beach going to be ridiculous to the point that it's not even worth it?
    Yes.......

Bump for possible ways to get past the evacuation

Halp? Could I just roll on up into Ocean City and park and go surfing tomorrow morning?

Darealm, be prepared for the onslaught of hate mongers that are going to attack you post!

more than likely not, they are only letting residents in to get ready or whatever, and then everyone has be out of the peninsula by 5pm. but its worth a shot

Images
    just jump in the inlet and paddle around to the beach

Quote Originally Posted by cobtaco223 View Post
    Bump for possible ways to get past the evacuation

Halp? Could I just roll on up into Ocean City and park and go surfing tomorrow morning?
    more than likely not, they are only letting residents in to get ready or whatever, then everyone has to be out of the peninsula by 5pm. but its worth a shot.

Ocmd is closing beach. It's my understanding that only residents will be allowed to return to the island after midnight tonight. They want everyone out by 5 pm tomorrow

Images
    Long Branch gave us one of those reverse 911 calls and only wants the tourists to leave!!