LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Whats everyones Favorite longboard fin set up.

when its a bit hollow i really like my boomerang 9'' harbor fin with side bites.
    when its nose ride time i like my 9 1/2'' hatchet. from rainbow.

Big, wide, single fin classic glass-ons. So schmexy. Also, I love the long, graceful turns and insane tracking they provide.

greenough 4A from true ames...either 9.5" or 10". best all-around single fin i've found...long base for drive & hold, narrow, flexy tip for maneuverability & "pop".

Images
    10.5 Pivot Fin or 10 inch Matt Calvani Fin

Images
    Thruster Baby! Yes, even on a longboard.... You can turn on a dime that way and hold your rails a little better. Then its like shortboarding on an oil tanker!

Images
    Thruster longboards are like Fat chicks on unicycles they dont mix and dont belong together . If you wanna rip get a shortboard and rip on that. If you wanna glide and trim get a single fin log and have at it

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Thruster longboards are like Fat chicks on unicycles
    LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    If you wanna rip get a shortboard and rip on that. If you wanna glide and trim get a single fin log and have at it
    my sentiments exactly!!
    even HP longboards should be single or 2+1 IMO...no thruster longboards.

Images
    To each their own.... You have so much more control with the thursters even on the LB. I havent tooled around with single fins too much, but the ones ive tried are always super loose. So, if thruster longboards are like fat chicks on unicycles, then single fins are loose, chubby Atlantic City whores. You technically can ride them, but the bottom is sloppy and that bi*** aint pretty!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    To each their own.... You have so much more control with the thursters even on the LB. I havent tooled around with single fins too much, but the ones ive tried are always super loose. So, if thruster longboards are like fat chicks on unicycles, then single fins are loose, chubby Atlantic City whores. You technically can ride them, but the bottom is sloppy and that bi*** aint pretty!
    It depend on the size , Width and placement of the fin . A fin that is wide at the base and dont narrow out or doesnt have alot of rake will give hold for tip time and take a little bit of effort to turn on a dime with. while a fin that narrows out alot or has a lot of rake in it will be really responsive. Also size of fin compared to the size of the board has to be thought about as well
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Aug 27, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

Images
    7.5" True Ames California Classic, middle of the box, ridden in 2' to 10'.