LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage report

Images

Damage report

anyone have any damage or have seen any? pictures?

I have been switching back and fourth between the news channels, doesn't look like there was much of a surge in south Jerz. Action News has a guy in Margate, the water didn't get past the dunes, but thats all I saw so far.

Images
    water came up to the boardwalk in WW. Some local looting took place in the buisness section of town aswell my street looks fine just a little wet

glad to see you made it ok, MJ

Images
    based on the bombs coming through at pumphouse this morning around 8:30 I can't imagine sea bright fared well. Absolute bombs detonating out there!!

Images
    If there is anyone who should have damage it is me. I live on south point that sits right in the middle of Chicoteague Bay MD . No flooding, no storm surge, no wind damage. The eye went right over us last night. Now I am watching the cam wondering where I can paddle out, lol.

Images
    wow that is definitely a vulnerable place to live... You stayed put last night?

Water never made it past the dunes in AC. Peeked it all this morning and there is minimal damage. Couple of branches out in the street and some fences knocked over on the beach. Other than that, all is good. Never lost power. No flooding at all. I did run out of doughnuts yesterday though, so Irene definitely made a bit of an impact on me.
    Last edited by Hanaebu; Aug 28, 2011 at 03:19 PM.

Ended up staying put last night... after the surge was downgraded from 12' to 3-6'. Figured I was all boarded up, and as long as the ocean wasn't gonna come rushing up the street, we'd be ok.

Lots of downed limbs, mostly small ones. Lots of debris... leaves and sticks. Several downed power and phone lines (one across my driveway), and the cops are cruising around telling everyone to go home and stay put. The ocean front is completely impassable, as are all of the low lying streets. The river is high right about now, and it's still not coming up the street very far. I'd say it's about as bad as, or slightly less than, the '92 storm.

irene.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LBCrew; Aug 28, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Images
    Yes we did stay. We had nowhere else to go, all of our relatives where in areas at least as vulnerable and all the hotels were full. I have a dog, a cat and 6 chickens to think about, lol. To be honest, even though I knew there was potential for trouble I have lived through so many hurricanes that this one didn't look that bad to me and the idea of evacuating to somewhere else just as dangerous and being stuck with hundreds or thousands of other people sounded more dangerous.