LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405

    Miiserrryyy!!!! :(

    Ever have to work all night, and then come back to Swellinfo.com to find dozens of posts telling you all about the overhead barrels you missed out on? Worst part is I just started my new job at Comcast last week. I opted for the 4-12 shift so i could hit dawn patrols and still make it home in time, but the first 10 weeks is training and the only shift available is 9-5... IM GONNA MISS THE WHOLE HURRICANE SEASONNN!!!! WAHHHHH!!!! ;( ;( ;(

  2. #2
    don't feel bad. i headed north to evacuate. not because i was afraid of staying, but had an offer from a friend to stay with him during the storm cause they have a generator if need be. didn't need it, but the gusts were kicking up there too. got a good session in friday though pre storm, and tomorrow gonna have a good one. hit a dawn patrol before work if you can. even if it's only for an hour.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,358
    Images
    23
    depending where you are, it looks like tomorrow could be really fun too, not head high but some solid waist+ and clean nw winds

  4. #4
    Sunday morning the air was thick with anticipation in VB. Everybody and their brother made their way out to the beach to get some... waist high med period surf. One guy that I often see out paddled over to me and said "this place looks like a viagra commercial" It was truly geezer paradise out there. I was flanked by geezers on the north and kooks on SUPS on the south, and the waves blew. Misery

    Usually obx / vb sees good results from these storms but it looks like jersey got all of the juice this time... I guess the storm came a little too close... (the eye passed over my house at about 7pm saturday)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by eatswell View Post
    don't feel bad. i headed north to evacuate. not because i was afraid of staying, but had an offer from a friend to stay with him during the storm cause they have a generator if need be. didn't need it, but the gusts were kicking up there too. got a good session in friday though pre storm, and tomorrow gonna have a good one. hit a dawn patrol before work if you can. even if it's only for an hour.
    I can't I live an hour from the beach. I'd never make it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,184

    could be worst

    I've been on injured reserve now for 3 weeks now and have at least 5 more to go even before I can think about getting wet again.80 degrees,sunshine,thinner lineups,and finally waves.Ya it blows!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    233
    Images
    1
    Save your money and go to travel this winter. I am booking my 12 day PR trip soon for January.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VB via PR and HI
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Sunday morning the air was thick with anticipation in VB. Everybody and their brother made their way out to the beach to get some... waist high med period surf. One guy that I often see out paddled over to me and said "this place looks like a viagra commercial" It was truly geezer paradise out there. I was flanked by geezers on the north and kooks on SUPS on the south, and the waves blew. Misery

    Usually obx / vb sees good results from these storms but it looks like jersey got all of the juice this time... I guess the storm came a little too close... (the eye passed over my house at about 7pm saturday)
    That's good to hear considering I was cleaning up and assessing the damage to my house, which was minimal instead of watching the circus. Rumor has it there will be waves in a week or so better than Irene which wasn't really conducive to surfing in Va. Beach... And I start nights this month. Crackin it on the weekdays during sunrise for Sept. aint a bad way to spend the month.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    904
    Images
    8
    Jose is looking like he might follow in Irene's footsteps. Hopefully stay offshore and just stall and spin right near the mid atlantic.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Jose is looking like he might follow in Irene's footsteps. Hopefully stay offshore and just stall and spin right near the mid atlantic.
    Jose? Jose is taking an afternoon ciesta on my roof, fixing the shingles.