LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    After my month long bout with a sinus and ear infection plus bells palsy from Earl last year...I sucked it up and decided NOT to go Sunday/Monday. The runoff coming from some of these streams is, for a lack of other words, toxic. For example, the Middlesex County town I work in lost power to a sewage pump station, which overflowed to the streets, which was flooded from the nearby stream. Guess where that all is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Surferdann View Post
    After my month long bout with a sinus and ear infection plus bells palsy from Earl last year...I sucked it up and decided NOT to go Sunday/Monday. The runoff coming from some of these streams is, for a lack of other words, toxic. For example, the Middlesex County town I work in lost power to a sewage pump station, which overflowed to the streets, which was flooded from the nearby stream. Guess where that all is now?
    C'mon your a Jersey Boy...toughin up!

I got absolutely SCRAMBLED on a set wave Sunday, when the water looked like tobacco juice. Totally ground up and spit out. Took me a minute to get my bearings. Anyway... yesterday I STILL had water running out of my nose from that drilling. I'm just kinda waiting and seeing what happens next...

Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    that cannot be safe
    I'm taking my chances, its only saline solution. I saw pieces actual FECAL COLIFORM come out of my nose. Needless to say, I'm washing that sh*t out literally.

Ocean Illness Form

The Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation is tracking this type of thing. If you are in NJ, go to this site http://jerseyshore.surfrider.org/cam...ocean-illness/ and click the link to the Ocean Illness Form. This happens more than you'd think and the Chapter wants to track it as a first step to doing something about it.

The Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation is tracking this type of thing. If you are in NJ, go to this site http://jerseyshore.surfrider.org/cam...ocean-illness/ and click the link to the Ocean Illness Form. This happens more than you'd think and the Chapter wants to track it as a first step to doing something about it.

Images
    is it safe yet? cuz ive been surfing all day and there are some fun ones out there right now

Images

Ok

Ok- I neilmed-Ed alot and took zinc and slept.
    I think it will not stick...
    Im thankful for that. I hate sinus stuff

Images
    Always happens after flooding/overflow of that magnitude...definitely use the neti pot as soon as you can after the session and once a day after that if you feel something funky goin on up there haha. I got a good one last summer that lasted over two weeks, sinus problems suck but if you got some good ones then it was probably worth it!

Hey, just be glad you got to surf some nice waves. I had to go to my friends' bacholer weekend and missed all of it...i would have taken sickness no problem to score on those waves....killed me the whole time I was away....then if it couldn't get any worse, it took us 9 hours to make a 2.5 hour drive back home. We were pushing trees off roads to get home and driving through flooded out roads.