LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Short Sleeve Full Suits what your take on them

I have been toying with the idea of getting one. My I am kinda on the fence about cause if I need a fullsuite then why just not where a long sleeve one. I was going to get the Hyperflex Cyclone one cause for the amount of time it will be use I just dont see payin more than 100 dollars on a suit that I can only use for 3 months out of year and in them months only use a handfull of times.
    Anyone use on of these ??? Would this be a good addition to the Wetsuit gear?

Images
    I do but it is my older Hyperflex 3/2 that I cut the sleves off. You would get more use than you think out of that suit. I wear mine all the time when it's chilly and it's way more comfortable than when the sleeves are long. Mornings or late afternoons in the summer or those days when the water upwells, it's perfect. Even has it's place in September to early October. Be sure and get one that is 100% superstretch.

Alot of my friends at Chincoteague wear them all summer. Keeps the muscles warm and very flexible. Get the lightest one. Its like a second skin. One of these days I'll pick one up. The Xcels are nice.

their the best suits ever. most flexible, most comfortable, most warmth to lightness ratio ( i believe). more comfortable than a springsuit, and i will even go as far as saying i like wearing mine (2mm quiksilver cypher chest zip, got for 100 bucks also) more than boardies since i NEVER get a rash from it and surf the best in it.

i have a west 2 mil one that i love. I hate wearing spring suits so it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    their the best suits ever. most flexible, most comfortable, most warmth to lightness ratio ( i believe). more comfortable than a springsuit, and i will even go as far as saying i like wearing mine (2mm quiksilver cypher chest zip, got for 100 bucks also) more than boardies since i NEVER get a rash from it and surf the best in it.

+1

Short sleeve fulls are my favorite suit to wear. I love wearing boardshorts, but I'm actually more comfortable in a short sleeve full. Your legs don't rash and you don't have to deal with an uncomfortable neoprene top.

i wear mine pretty frequently, too. esp. in the early summer when the water's still kinda chilly but the air's gotten warm. way more comfortable than either freezing in boardies or sweating out the session in a 3/2...& like others have said, it's great for those summer up-welling days (i wore mine for both sessions on friday) & early fall days. if i'm driving to surf between june-early oct., i pack it. it's pretty much a summer necessity for me.
    the only thing i don't like about it is if i have to swim after my board while surfing leashless; water tends to shoot up the arms, which is pretty exciting when the water's chilly! but i think that might be a quirk of the one i have: the rip curl e-bomb pro. otherwise, it's a great suit & super comfy.

love mine. lots of flexibility and you don't roast.

I've said this before... by the time I want full legs, I want full sleeves, too. You wear a spring suit if the water's warm enough that getting flushed isn't an issue. Because water does get flushed up short sleeves, whether the legs are long or short, I either want to keep water out or I don't. My springer's for when the water's warm and the air is cool... perfect this time of year. I wore one yesterday. I don't want to wear extra rubber that I don't need, so I go straight for the 3/2 full only when the water is cool.

Haven't worn my spring since I got a short-sleeve full. In fact, I don't think I've worn my neoprene top more than twice since then either. It does the trick more times than not. Feels less restricting thann the top too b/c of less rubber on your arms. I can deal with more rubber on my legs, just not my arms. And..... to the dedicated srping suit guys: who likes pinchng rubber bands and crotch-riding nut hugging short legs? Not this guy.