LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TS Noel

Images
    that depends how much you like driving. haha. I'm staying up here. I wish i was still down in wilmington, NC though. it looks like they will see big swell for a good amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by surfer698 View Post
    just wondering where this swell is gonna be best for the weekend should i head down to the obx or stay in nj
    That depends... If I could... I would head to Frisco on Wednesday night and probably get shacked out my mind through Sunday. But if you're talking Nags Head, I would stay in jerz.

Images
    surfer698,

at the projected path, it looks like obx could deal with some northerly wind problems. If you had to make a decision today, I'd say stay at home... Still uncertainty in the path, so check the updates.

I'm a little concerned about the sand bars in Central Jersey and longer period ground swell. The Oct 20th swell was what? a 7-8 sec period, and the bars had built up so big and close to the beach (at least where I was) that waves were jacking up steep and closing out in the afternoon. With this swell being in the 10-11 sec range couldn't we see alot of close-outs again? Early saturday the angle may be better, but by Saturday afternoon and even Sunday we could be seeing fast steep closeouts again. Just a thought.

Images
    there is going to be a mix of SE and ENE, so that might help the closeout situation.

Images
    i know its still far out now but will jerz see cleaner conditions then further south

Quote Originally Posted by surfer698 View Post
    i know its still far out now but will jerz see cleaner conditions then further south
    Unless you look at Frisco....

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    there is going to be a mix of SE and ENE, so that might help the closeout situation.
    For the Delmarva, NOAA wavewatch III keeps slowly lowering the size of the SE groundswell with each model run....as of this morning its down to just 4-5 feet @ 11 seconds peaking overnight friday into saturday. Any thoughts?

Images
    looks like more ENE than SE now. Looks like plenty of swell, keep it tuned here...

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    looks like more ENE than SE now. Looks like plenty of swell, keep it tuned here...
    Are you heading south? I am hoping the good days for here push out til Monday so I can return home and catch it good!