LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: september 1

Hybrid View

september 1

i got a nice taste of what's to come after labor day this morning...paddled out at my regular spot about 7:30 & there was absolutely NO ONE around! i couldn't believe it...waist-stomach high & super glassy & not a soul on it! so i got to surf for the better part of an hour alone before someone else paddled out...& it never got crowded...stayed out till about 10:30 & there was never more than 10 people out & most didn't stay out that long...i was the first one in the water & the last out...gotta love that!!
    this is why i LOVE september!!

Much to my surprise, I got a the same thing on Monday further north in NJ.

Me and two buddies paddled out shortly after sunrise and were the first ones out. Small handfull of people filtered in shortly after, but it never got into the double digits.....and the surf was absolutely fantastic too.

Honestly, I surf this spot all winter, and it was basically the same crowd size I would expect in mid winter.

We'll see if I get the same results this Sat. Something tells me....not likely.

Images
    same in maryland...waist-stomach +sets and glassy. nobody much out until well after 8 a.m. Drove past the high school on my way to work and loved to see that parking lot full of cars!

Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    Honestly, I surf this spot all winter, and it was basically the same crowd size I would expect in mid winter.
    the great thing is that i can expect an even smaller crowd come winter...basically, just me. i love it!

Whats not to like about fall? Crowds decrease,Warm water,Nice temps and hopefully the Eagels and Raiders start out 0-4.

I read this thread last night and decided to try my luck at first street this morning. What a joke!!! How many idiots can you really pack into a 2 block area? Those surfrider personalized plates are really cute too, dudes. My favorite was "surfdad" that's f*cking brilliant! How long did you sit around dreaming that one up? How do I, who never surfs there, paddle through all of you (who always surf there) and get the best waves? Too busy dreaming up your next license plate?

So in short... DON'T REJOICE JUST YET!

Behave yourselves this weekend, boys. Some of the stupidest things I've seen around here happen during the first and last two weeks of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I read this thread last night and decided to try my luck at first street this morning. What a joke!!! How many idiots can you really pack into a 2 block area? Those surfrider personalized plates are really cute too, dudes. My favorite was "surfdad" that's f*cking brilliant! How long did you sit around dreaming that one up? How do I, who never surfs there, paddle through all of you (who always surf there) and get the best waves? Too busy dreaming up your next license plate?

So in short... DON'T REJOICE JUST YET!
    yea, well...1st street is always a ****-show...esp. this time of year. labor day weekend, you just gotta expect crowds. complaining about crowds labor day weekend is like complaining about the cold in january...i was simply rejoicing in a small taste i got of what's to come...on tuesday!!