LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: september 1

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I read this thread last night and decided to try my luck at first street this morning. What a joke!!! How many idiots can you really pack into a 2 block area? Those surfrider personalized plates are really cute too, dudes. My favorite was "surfdad" that's f*cking brilliant! How long did you sit around dreaming that one up? How do I, who never surfs there, paddle through all of you (who always surf there) and get the best waves? Too busy dreaming up your next license plate?

So in short... DON'T REJOICE JUST YET!
    yea, well...1st street is always a ****-show...esp. this time of year. labor day weekend, you just gotta expect crowds. complaining about crowds labor day weekend is like complaining about the cold in january...i was simply rejoicing in a small taste i got of what's to come...on tuesday!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbking View Post
    explain por favor
    if you have to ask...

Images
    I have a good feeling that this is gonna be a very good fall . 3 more days til Solitude and I cant wait!

Images
    I can't wait for the crowds to thin out. I caught a couple decent summer swells uncrowded over the last couple months but this morning everyone and their mom was on it where I surfed. I paddled out at 6 and there were 4 guys at the jetty, by 7 there was close to 40 it was ridiculous. I just paddled down away from the jetty and surfed a middle peak with about 5 other guys, but just looking at that ****show was good entertainment with an average of 3 guys on the same wave.

At least after Monday the guards go home and hopefully crowds should start thinning out...

you guys could just drive 20 minutes down the road in either direction and be by yourself

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    you guys could just drive 20 minutes down the road in either direction and be by yourself
    Not where I surfed, there were 8-10+ people out at every jetty in the entire town yesterday. I'm sure I could have searched around and found somewhere with less people but didn't have the time. Oh well, they'll start dropping off once the water gets cooler