LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,486
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by headrow View Post
    The Monday closure was particularly irksome.

    When I spoke with the ranger he said very little had changed - including the sandbars. Not sure if he's a surfer or not tho.
    Based on a tuesday surf down there, the sandbars have changed and for the worse. Not unridably worse, like NorIda a couple years ago, but deeper and mushier and we were out at dead low tide with 3-4 foot swell.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Based on a tuesday surf down there, the sandbars have changed and for the worse. Not unridably worse, like NorIda a couple years ago, but deeper and mushier and we were out at dead low tide with 3-4 foot swell.
    Well, that sucks...not what i wanted to hear, but what the f*ck can I do?!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    365
    Images
    2
    Ida threw all the sand down to us in va assateague. For a couple a months after that we had a awesome bar. And even a point break type set up.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    chincoteague, va
    Posts
    131
    Surfed VA assateague yesterday and today afternoon. The sand is low and leveled out so even on a low tide it's about 3 ft deep for about 50 yards. The bars are out pretty far but the wind's been awful the last few days to really tell. Tomorrow morning will be the tell-all, though I got some pretty decent rides today.

    In my opinion the hurricane did some good.

  5. #15
    Trish_Kicklighter@nps.gov nice to hear the bars at OC are re-groomed!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,518
    Images
    5
    IMO Assateague is back to mush after this past storm. Town on the other hand...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Inland, near DC
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    IMO Assateague is back to mush after this past storm. Town on the other hand...
    Are you talking about the state park, or the National Park, or both? I hit it pretty good at the NP this summer when everywhere else was beach slam.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,486
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    Are you talking about the state park, or the National Park, or both? I hit it pretty good at the NP this summer when everywhere else was beach slam.
    Zippy is 100% right. I've surfed both the state and fed this week since the storm. This morning was chest - shoulder high glass. With the sand bars we had a month ago it would have been a blast. With the post-Irene non-sandbars even first thing when the tide was low it was weak and backing off. Fat and mushy.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ocean City, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    7
    monday was closed and the dude guarding the bridge was a ****. i hope he's on here! wouldn't tell us anything at around 2pm. that dude sucked

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    365
    Images
    2
    That was me. I was just doing my job. Right after you left my relief came and i scored some 100 yard rides.