LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Bathtub Water

Hybrid View

Bathtub Water

Why do surfers wear wetsuits in the summer? The water has been about bathtub warm even at daybreak. Has to be a tad on the warm side- Kind of fun yesterday at Chincoteague Island. Call it 3, maybe 4- super glass- good at low tide. For the young lady on the shortboard, you Flat Rip- good as anyone out there. Has to be the best female surfer I ever seen in the water.

I guess they like scab-free nipples.

Images
    same here man. i dont wear wetsuits untill october maybe early november if it stays warm enough. whatever. they are the ones roasting and complaining out there

Images
    If the air is real warm and it's sunny i wont wear it...otherwise i'll wear it. 2 mill short sleeve full with holes in it..not all that warm anyway.

much of this week the air was really chilly when i was paddling out...1mil top was the call. lost of guys in fullsuits & short arm fulls too though. definitely not cold enough for that, but chilly w/out a top for sure.

I don't get into a wetsuit unless it's below about 65. I surfed Florida a couple years ago, the water felt like warm bathwater and every single person down there were wearing wetsuits, it was bizarre! I guess different people have different tolerances for cold water, but in no way do i consider 65-70 degree water cold. just my 2 cents.

Everybody is different. I'm usually fine in the lower 60s in just a pair of trunks. As far as chafing goes, buy some TYR shorts or something like that and wear them under the trunks. And for the nipples, they make these things called rashies.