LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bathtub Water

what a kook comment. "the chargers were wrapped up in rubber and ready to handle business". Maybe those chargers just have very tiny testicles and don't like the chilly 68+ water temps. Give me a break. Maybe I'm just not a 'charger' since I LONG for the days when I can get out of a wetsuit - regardless of how fantastic the technology is - and just throw my trunks on and get in the water. I absolutely hate wetsuits. And as for sessions, 30 minutes is a 'dip' in the ocean if you ask me. Trunks, with nothing else, i'm out from 1.5 hrs until I feel like getting out. Maybe my blood is just a little warmer, who knows.
    And before it gets said, YES I do surf all year round and you can find me anytime there is a swell in the uptown section of Atlantic City. I'm usually the guy out in freezing water in my 4/3 (don't wear any thicker) and sometimes with my hood off.

All the chargers were wrapped in rubber. Give me a break...

I have a 2 mil spring suit i'll wear if it's chilly, but this time of year...I'm usually good in trunks until November, some years it differs slightly with air temp. Unfortunatly, I didn't get to surf Irene, I had a bacholer party to go to up north...

the guys in Jerz were all wearing rubber 'cause there was poo floating around...

Images
    I am in boardies from late early may to late oct most of the time but that can change depending on how fast it warms up and starts to cool down. If there is a light breeze I'll wear my 2 mil beaver tail in the summer. Lately I have been toying with the ideal of a ss fullsuit for mid sept when the water gets chilly from upwelling

Images
    I was one of the ones at chincoteague wearing a wetsuit yesterday haha. I got alittle cold after 3 hours in trunks, so i wore the wetsuit. But then im to hot when i wear that. I got the 3/2 rip curl intending to use it as a 3/2 but it acts like a 4/3 with keeping heat in. I think im gonna get a nice 2ml springsuit. In february i wear a 4/3, maybe my balls grow in the winter haha.

Images
    When the surf is on the bigger side I wear a wetsuit. Not sure why I just feel more comfortable and secure in a suit. Also everyone is different depending on body fat percentage. A very lean person will perceive the water as colder than someone with a layer of fat. I know this as fact since I used to be able to surf until late October in Md without a suit but after losing almost 20 lbs this year I get cold very fast. The length of a session also determines how warm you feel. I see lots of guys come runing down to the water, run and jump on their boards, paddle out full throttle, backs arched heads up and overly alert (lol) catch a bunch of waves really fast and leave after an hour. If you see me walking down with my short sleave 3/2 don't expect me to get out of the water for 3 hours or more. The other day I surfed close to 6 hours with wind and clouds, not sure how you could have survived that without a suit.
    Last edited by Zippy; Sep 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM.

Images
    Oh yeah I should add that I feel way more freedom naked under a good stretchy 3/2 than I do In a crappy pair of boardshorts chaffing my thighs every time I sit up. Even the expensive pair of shorts I have tear me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh yeah I should add that I feel way more freedom naked under a good stretchy 3/2 than I do In a crappy pair of boardshorts chaffing my thighs every time I sit up. Even the expensive pair of shorts I have tear me up.
    that is a good point...

Images
    Alot people ive talked to say they hate wearing wetsuits. After seeing that stretchy 3/2 post maybe they need a better wetsuit. My first wetsuit was a ron jon 3/2 and if everyone else feels like i did in that i dont blame them for hating on the wetsuit haha.

Images
    Admit it, you guys are just afraid of serious "Shrinkage."

Images

Unhappy

You got me