LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bathtub Water

Images

cause i'm free.....freeballin'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh yeah I should add that I feel way more freedom naked under a good stretchy 3/2 than I do In a crappy pair of boardshorts chaffing my thighs every time I sit up. Even the expensive pair of shorts I have tear me up.
    i agree. a well made wetsuit does the job. it doesn't chafe, ride up or bind. if someone suffers from bad fit, they need a suit that matches their physique. it's why quality (and expensive) brands like O'Neill have WIDE range of sizes for both height and weight combinations.

stay toasty, my friend

i hate wetsuits.when everybody's all riding the same board design and wearing the same suit in relatively warm water i am the freak.no leash no wetsuit equals the ultimate feeling of freedom.

zach writes really long posts,knows everything,lives in cal,is never wrong,and is on the mid-lantic forum.
    i'm really sick of it.

Everybody is different. I'm usually fine in the lower 60s in just a pair of trunks. As far as chafing goes, buy some TYR shorts or something like that and wear them under the trunks. And for the nipples, they make these things called rashies.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i hate wetsuits.when everybody's all riding the same board design and wearing the same suit in relatively warm water i am the freak.no leash no wetsuit equals the ultimate feeling of freedom.

zach writes really long posts,knows everything,lives in cal,is never wrong,and is on the mid-lantic forum.
    i'm really sick of it.
    He's all knowing in the surfing realm. It's alright, I tend to disagree with most of the people on here. Everyone is a know it all. All the aggro surfers from the water that everyone talks about tend to come on here.
    Last edited by super fish; Sep 12, 2011 at 09:32 AM.

If you're one of those I hate wetsuit types you should try out a long sleeve spring suit. Now they do look a little goofy and you won't see many people out wearing them BUT they take half as long as a suit with legs to put on and you don't get that tight suction feeling in your mid section that you occasionally do in a full.

As long as the waters low 60s or above, i'm sold on the thing.

yea, i put my boardies on in early June and haven't taken them off since. 68 is not cold at allll. There were some days when i was chilly paddling out, but none where i was still cold after 10 minutes in the water. I find it hard to believe that you wear a fullsuit in 68 degree water and are not sweating your balls off

Now that I'm in my 40's, I like the wetsuit to hold my belly in...like a girdle.

this "bathtub" water has given me a minor ear infection over the past week. give me ice cold winter clean water, thanks.

Getting close to pulling the plug and letting the bathtub empty...

Anyone that was surfing the OBX this weekend in a full suit, I'm just going to go ahead and tell you that you had a big "I'M FROM OUT OF TOWN" sign hanging over your head. The water has been perfect for the past week (mid 70s) there was definitely no need for a full suit; a top I can understand for maybe the mornings but come on guys a full suit, really!? Not yet!